Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

How about some new Automatic invasions?

C2 has been part of game for long time but only dragons have automatic invasions on C2.

Some other maps on C2 should have some and some of the larger maps would be good candidates. Have invasions come out of AA mine, WV mine, Hurquin Crypts and Irinvernon would be good candidates. An invasion which could poor out of two maps since both accessible via mine would be interesting.

I think what I should do first is increase the difficulty of the existing ones, I implemented them many years ago when even the trolls were pretty powerful for many players.

Oh no! I am finally getting to the point where I might be able to help with some of the automatic invasions. :D

If I had the chance, I would vote that some of the existing stay the same level of difficulty.

i would say they are good how they are, could use maybe one slightly easier (unarmed orcs perhaps) and 1-2 slightly harder for added variety and excitement :medieval:

I cant take part in many of this automatic invasions and i would love it but acw are way too much for a newbie as me :whistle: So would be great to see something else on c2 really.

Have to agree with Entropy on this one. As it is now I really can't be bothered to stop whatever I'm doing (even if that is sitting at a storage doing nothing) to go fight 20 odd monsters. That of course doesn't mean there couldn't be different difficulty on them. Remember how votd used to get invaded every once in awhile, not because people decided to not kill all the monsters (like it is now) but because they wasn't able to, was fun :)

- Little

Edited by littlestar

Basically when I see an ACW I immediately leave as I do when I see a dragon so I am not participating.

It is your game but if current invasions became tougher then you will be disencouraging newer players from being on those maps and considering that they occur on lower level maps (VotD, NC, WS, PL, MM) requiring no more than armed skeletons you are encouraging them to not play or at minimum change plans and go some place else.

The reason for suggesting the other maps was so those who do want those type of invasions and are built to be fighters would have more invasions without mods needing to run it. So I was recommending some other invasions elsewhere so those who like them could go to them and would not likely be on maps where others unarmed harvesting would be impacting.