Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acelon

Quest for the Lost one

Well i actually walked to every point i was told.

I liked the event so far and i didn't notice that anything was missing... well what did i miss or what happened between which checkpoints? :D

Not only that but 2 checkpoints were completely skipped..

and since when did thig get to be our (the players) fault? you better sget some arrangement done be4 u make another quest. this one sucked... and if you fail to be CLEAR about the rules, thats your problem, not ours. we played this event fair (as fair as we figured we were allowed to) and u call it off - due to cheating!? ...what can i say?..

Sorry, only one checkpoint missed. It was the stables down by frukus. AS for the cheating thing. I didnt post that you need to go to every checkpoint becasue I thought it was obvious. When i meant you could work together, I meant figuring out the clues but not sharing passwords. I know somne people didnt cheat but the ones who did spoiled it for you Trop not us. AS for you saying it was badly planned, we planned it well its just my computer got messed up and people that signed up to doo it didnt show up (our fault yes). We are very sorry to inconvience everyone, next one we PROMISE will be better.

Guest OrIoN48

Come on. we did say u had to be in all the checkpoints. if u have understanding problems it is your fault. and even if we wouldn't say it (and we did) it is not mentioning the obvious. the only two players who made it to the end not cheating were brain and moon as far as i know and if the skipped a checkpoint it was probably our fault but all the rest just skipped most of the points like the CO people did.

I'm not going to play EL again because not only people here don't know how to make games enjoyable, they go and threat people when they are upset. this is my log for NEXT threatning me and I'm sorry for all the players that did play honestly and got fucked by the cheaters and i'm sorry for all the people that have to stay in this game with this horrible people.

bye

[PM from NeXt: your dutchs i see ]

[PM to NeXt: what??]

Welcome to White Stone, Lakeside Village

[starman_Omega]: you and me are probably the only ones left in this channel so  im leaving it. sorry it couldn't have been a better contest.

[PM to brain: what guild r u in?]

[PM from NeXt: lol your from italy ]

[TirasHazor]: la la

[NeXt]: lol

[PM to NeXt: no. why?]

[PM from NeXt: 217.132.74.122 your ip ]

Welcome to Desert Pines!

[PM from NeXt: i got to access on the el server root admin]

[PM to NeXt: i'm not from italy and what can u do with my ip?]

[PM from NeXt: all i like]

[PM to NeXt: so]

Abuse report sent, Let's hope there is at least 1 mod online.

[PM to NeXt: go ahead u manly man]

[PM from NeXt: no dont call our cheaters]

[pm from next: we didnt]

[PM to NeXt: u did and don't thret me]

[PM from NeXt: oka call what i did]

Welcome to the Portland

[PM to NeXt: i'm not talking with u and i'm puting u on the ignore list. bye]

[PM from NeXt: bye lammer..]

sryz i didnt now bout frukas :/ i think there was one in magic shop but i didnt see one at frukas maybe i really missed something

sryz i didnt now bout frukas :/ i think there was one in magic shop but i didnt see one at frukas maybe i really missed something

I was at Frukas, however it appears my "password" was given out at an earlier point in the quest, thus I got bypassed. This just meant one less checkpoint, and no great problem.

However at least I have many notes from this episode, which will allow me to enhance the questor system on a variety of fronts, including Rule lists (yes with an I agree checkbox ;-) ) anti cheating systems (A shame it is required, but obviously it is) and enhanced organisational fetures for planning the quest.

This will give a quest structure which shoud be as close to cheat proof, playerproof and organizerproof as possable.

Where there were a number of problems with this quest, the only unsummountable one was the level of cheating. As my final not I can only say how saddened I am by seeing a few dishonest players ruining the fun for so many contestants, and destroying a great deal of work put in by the organisers of the quest.

(And anyone whe responds to this with "but you didnt say we couldnt cheat" can assume the standard response of "Do you have no common sence or are you just thick")

First of all your event started 1 hour late. Then you said here in forums that ppl can team up but they should be able to share the prize. Nowhere was said that all team members must go through all checkpoints or even walk together. CO teamed and went through all checkpoints, not neccessarily every member was in every checkpoint but our team went through all checkpoints. So all you can blame is yourself for screwing up a totally nice event. Don't call CO cheaters, we played with the rules you gave us.

First of all your event started 1 hour late.

That's not true, it started in time.

Nowhere was said that all team members must go through all checkpoints

What else do you expect?

I'm sorry for the people that that were trying to compete fairly, we messed up in some respects. Next time will be better.

We were told it should start 20.00 gmt and it started 21.00 gmt

No, everything that isn't said its not allowed is allowed

why don't you guys just drop it? or have someone move this to flames - it's just going to turn into 10 pages of pointless vickering back and forth, the bottom line is some people cheated, rules weren't fully explained, there were mistakes..... it will be better next time :

It didn't start at 20.00 atleast i was given the password at 21.00 gmt

Flexo, my guess is that daylight saving time is in effect where you live. This adds an extra hour to the time difference with GMT in summer months.

Once you stop living gmt -1 start complaining then. The announcement was given around 20.00 but the password was given 21.00 gmt

I see there's no point in arguing with you, Felxo. Have a nice life.