Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acelon

Slaying the King

Centuries before the wars in the age of the dragons, stood alone the transparent dragon. He wrecked havock wherever he went without a purpose, but fun.

The day had come when the dwarf king Zaluy crossed path with the dragon and the outcome was inevitable.

Zaluy was the king of the great city that stood in Naralik. governing over hundreds of dwarfs. thier main buisness in life was to mine jules from the secret caves under the castle. He was a good fellow, always wanting to help and also a great magician. This was unusual for dwarves as they practice the skills of matter (harvesting and mining) and not magic.

That day was a dark one. The sky all coverd with clouds. In the hearts of the king there was no fear because he didn't make any enemies. But the transparent dragon didn't need enemies inorder to attack.

It started with a thunder but it was not from the sky. It was a bear droped from the sky on top of some vegtable harvesting female dwarves. The bear just hit the ground, smashing the bones of the laboring women and throwing flesh and dirt all over.

Zaluy the king was standing at the window at the time and without a moment to hesitate, he ordered everyone into the walls of the castle. Enraged, the dragon clawed at the walls but they were solid stone so he couldn't get in. He started blowing flames at the gates and at the roof of the castle and they caught it immidately. Fearing for their life, Zaluy called "after me" and led his people to the mines.

"we can get out of the tunnel to the marsh" he said and lit a torch. his soldiers did the same and started following him. Behind them were all the children. The dwarves don't have a very big difference between male and female so for outsiders it's hard to notice who is who. And not only they resamble eachother but they have the same physical and mental charectaristics so they both fight and mine. (and that is why n women went with the kids).

"Oh no" the king cried.

"what is it sir?" asked his second in command, Prince Tumai.

"The tunnel...it's blocked, we can't get out". The tunel was blocked by big bolders that crashed in when the bear hit the ground. It was just luck...bad luck.

"Sir, what now?" asked Tumai with sweat running down his face. "The only thing we can, my good prince. We die"

Smoke came in the tunnel fast and soon everyone was gasping for air and falling to the ground.

With his last breath, the king screamed a curse to the air, "With mud and bones, I curse you all, dragons of the sky. As my flesh burns in your flame it can not consume my bones or soul and I will come when the day is right to take my revange at you. SO I SWEAR..."

And then silence.

Untill....

By: Orion48