Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Attacked by DCWs when invisible during invasion

During final assult on Bethel I used ring to go there after drinking potion to go invisible and was attacked by multiple DCWs immediately. I am sure invisibility was on (icon was shown) and I did not attack. It appears when inserted into a big enough mob invisibility may not work always? Second time I went back invisible hoping to find bag it worked fine.

During final assult on Bethel I used ring to go there after drinking potion to go invisible and was attacked by multiple DCWs immediately. I am sure invisibility was on (icon was shown) and I did not attack. It appears when inserted into a big enough mob invisibility may not work always? Second time I went back invisible hoping to find bag it worked fine.

Well, Are you sure they weren't ACs?

I can confirm there were Arctic Chimerans in Bethel; cannot tell much about the potential bug though, that's for the devs to check.

There were no Arctic CWs that I saw but whether there were or not (I was too busy trying dis rings, etc to get out of there to take picture then) but counters shows I was killed by Feros and 3 DCWs none of which should have been able to see me.

Second time after I left C2 hell and returned hoping DB would be there I had no issue ringing in invisible and standing there as picture shows. Maybe there was no room first time and one was moved (shoved) making it an automatic attack.

bethelinvasion.png

I experienced the same problem in the recent IOTF invasion. I had just drunk an invisi pot and teled in, and walked past several fem gobs without incident. Then along came a fem orc, and it attacked. No screenshot, sorry, but I saw the invisibility icon and the death showed in counters as from the orc.

The strange thing to me is that some mobs ignored, while others--of higher level--did not.

Well, invisibility goes away when you CLICK to attack any creature. You dont need to attack it. The problem could be:

-You were invisible rounded by invasion creatures.

*You CLICKED in any creature and became visible, so the closest invasion to you attacked you (a DCW in this case).

*Or, the inivisibility time went out and you became visible.

With the adrenaline of being in an invasion these kind of mistakes are very frequent. How sure are you any of these options didnt happen?

Edited by dipi

Well, invisibility goes away when you CLICK to attack any creature. You dont need to attack it. The problem could be:

-You were invisible rounded by invasion creatures.

*You CLICKED in any creature and became visible, so the closest invasion to you attacked you (a DCW in this case).

*Or, the inivisibility time went out and you became visible.

With the adrenaline of being in an invasion these kind of mistakes are very frequent. How sure are you any of these options didnt happen?

In my case, the ground was fairly clear by the time I got there (I was using the map to walk anyway and deliberately avoiding clicking around). My chatlog says the attack occurred about 30-40 sec after using potion.

In my case, the ground was fairly clear by the time I got there (I was using the map to walk anyway and deliberately avoiding clicking around). My chatlog says the attack occurred about 30-40 sec after using potion.

Yes, this is exactly the time frame that an invisibility potion lasts (at least according to my observation). Always at least 30 seconds, sometimes up to almost 40. But never longer.

The same goes for the invisibility spell.

My chatlog says the attack occurred about 30-40 sec after using potion.

So the potion wore off.

Hmm, I seem to recall timing a previous potion at at least ~1:05 but maybe there's some variation. Oh, well, there certainly could be other factors here.