Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kayuo

New way of walking

Do you guys think it'll be easier to click and hold while walking?

i kinda like the idea because of accidently clicking on an object or thing.

For Example:

"Aww man! I accidently clicked on a bear and died!"

Or u should be able to choose click and hold or regular.

That was suggested before. It couldn't be done due to loads of extra network traffic (causing lag). Sorry :(

What about harvesting? Also holding instead of clicking? It's the same problem. Holding a button insteda of clicking it (wether it is a mouse button or a keyboard key) causes way too much network traffic.

well the client could be coded (and in fact i think it allready is) to only send a click every x seconds or so when someone is holding down the button. problem is that if the bear is under the mouse just when the client sends a click then we are back at sqare one unless the act of holding down the button locks what mode its in, so if it starts out as walk it will stay walk until you release the button.

could be useful for getting out of combat in fact, instead of the panicy clicking one just hold down the button and pray that you get away :)

I'm a new player and one of the most irritating things I have found is having to click your mouse a million times when moving. I played a game called Dransik and they used the keypad for movement quite well(it was too a small company with limited resources/bandwidth) so I guess that it is possible to code without creating too much lag.

OR, is it possible to create a mini map where you can see a larger area of the map other than the few steps around your character? So that you can click on the minimap in order to move sometimes? (But I guess pathfinding will take up much bandwidth).

Guest shizo

Seriously though, playing this game promotes carpo-tunnel syndrome (or whatever it's called). :cry:

Walking around in this game makes baby Jesus cry!

I don't see why this point-to-point system is needed for the game to work.

And also, the field of view is a little too narrow.

How about we get to use the arrow keys? Wouldnt work for diagonally but would work for 4 out of the 8 ways =/

We've added to the TODO list being able to change/set keybindings so that things like this can be implemented. Now its just a matter of getting to it.

I think you guys that complain about that should be forced to use exactly what you suggest. Except for a direct brain interface, this is the most easiest way of walking! RS has that too (as well as many other games, such as Diablo) and no one complained about it.

It is a pretty easy way to walk except that you can only see 3 or 4 steps ahead of you. That's the reason it takes so many clicks to get around.