Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dig

Anitmated npc storys

Radu wants to implant more of a story line and more npcs why not when u click on a npc a little animated video that shows us or them chatting with each other may make people more intrested in going to the npc's. also have secrete npc's with prizes etc.

The second already exists, under the name of "Joker". The prizes were reduced due to joker-hunting being too profitable. As per the first, I doubt I'd want to go to an NPC unless I had to, despite any sort of animation that could be present.

I think that animated movements are in the works for both characters and for NPC's so that when you talk to them they will wave etc.

as far as a movies, in most games those are pre-made and take up space increasing download time. If you start doing this with every quest EL download size starts increasing dramatically i'd rather keep it simple. I think the movements coming will be nice and not take up loads of extra space.

What? A video of you chatting with the npc? Then, when you chat and your language is not the default, you would have the dubbed movie effect. The lips and the words don't match. Why bother? Can't get yourself in the video anyways. The idea of an npc waving, bowing, grinning and such is almost here. Some of it is even in the test client that Radu is getting feedback on right now (if I read things right).