Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gohan

Hammers.

I just came to think of how hammers are truely my favorite weapon but how they are like completely un-used unless for merchant food.

And I would honestly like to see them used more but then they'd really need a change.

So I was thinking of how I use a hammer in another game and wondering how you could mod it EL-wise.

My suggestion for the hammer would be:

• - Make them a 2-handed weapon, hammers aren't exactly one-handed weapons, they're supposed to be big 'n heavy.
    - Give them a moderate chance to freeze the opponent, giving them a tactical use.
    - Raise the damage a little, as they are supposed to be heavy weapons, their minimum damage should be above average.

Ofcourse I don't want them to be overpowered, but come to think of it, they're not being used at all right now.

And a hammer is in fact a rather large weapon if wielded in most games and usually 2-handed.

Maybe the suggestion should be altered, but the start of the idea is there now. :)

-Gohan

I know some people used them in the last year. Me and some guildmates did. Mainly for wacking goblins or trolls.

You might be right about them being mainly 2 handed. They can be used 1 handed occasionally, I think, but it is harder to control then.

It would be nice to have a "using both hands" bonus for some weapons that can be used 2 handed. Some swords can be used 1 handed or two handed. A bonus for swords like that would be nice too.

Really, if there was a distinction made between agility based weapons and strength based weapons, that would probably help the matter too. It is usually the strong that would use a heavy weapon like a battle axe or an iron battle hammer. The weaker folk would usually go for a nice sharp sword or a staff or something.