Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Digger

Forgive Me but ...reset?

I really HAVE searched for this topic in many forums since it seemed such an obvious candidate for discussion .. but never found it so .....

What re the advantages and disadvantages of resetting a character?

If you have done it, what were the consequences?

Thanks for any information

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50746

The main use of the reset command is to essentially undo any grave mistakes you've made (e.g. dropping 20 pickpoints in the same nexus, or taking a negative perk which ruins your game play). As mentioned in the linked thread, your overall level and experience go to zero, so you would need to re-earn all of your overall levels once again. If you reset early on, the effects may not be too grave. If a high-leveled character resets, skills will always be relatively higher than overall, which can e.g. render a fighter character relatively weak, due to having fewer overall levels, and thus pickpoints.

You may want to get some additional input from players in-game, perhaps on channel 4 (general EL chat). #jc 4

You may want to get some additional input from players in-game, perhaps on channel 4 (general EL chat). #jc 4

after you gave him such a detailed explanation?

pfff you are ruining my chances on becoming mod by helping newbies :)

Edited by Infamous

well for me as a player who reseted at a relatively low OA (52) the biggest downside was losing the EMU... it was quit irritating for some time, second downside was losing the health points, and third was the mana.... losing the nexuses didn't bother that much

but overall, reset isn't such a bad thing... the higher the lvl's the quicker you get your OA's...

i had some ingreds for bars in sto so first OA's after reset came pretty quickly with alc :P

EDIT:

note that i didn't have any positive perks before the reset, otherwise that would have been a downside too

Edited by zalic

If you have to reset - prepare for it - as Zalic says - hoard a few K of alchemy stuff to get back a few oa lvls and it is not that bad at all.