Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

Autoattack moneysink

There's a reason to have ignore lvls on monsters ofc, but how about items for different monsters to make them attack you (and _maybe_ even make them tougher too)

Example, fluffy rabbit:

Carrots, bought from NPC for xxx gc. Removes fluffy ignore when worn like weapon (or kept in inventory). Chance to break every time you are attacked or hit.

Enhanced carrots, bought from NPC for more gc or maybe mixed using some mixtures with basic carrots. Same as carrots, but adds +5 a/d and criticals to the monster.

Different item for goblins/orcs, chimerans etc. Lots of chances here :pickaxe:

Would someone use them? Maybe :P It's an idea, shoot it down.

(searched autoattack, found nothing similar)

Why is multitraining so god awful all of a sudden? It takes ages to level right now anyway. :S

I don't even play the game anymore, but I have to agree with this. The top players in game trained their chars while it was easy to multitrain and TS was still in game etc. Now all reliefs are taken away, so top players will still stay as top player but it's almost impossible to new players or players that are between 0-120 a/d to catch them. IMO it's not very fair.

Btw I like the idea. Yes it would make training bit easier, but still why it should be as hard as it's now? But I'd suggest that you have to wear it for whole fight until you flee. It would be too easy to take carrot on your hand and then when ebul muffy attacks, take it off and avoid breaking it. Also make it pretty easy to break and relatively expensive.

Edit: Also maybe it could have some stats, so you'd kill monsters bit faster. You can multitrain, but lose some exp because monsters die faster.

Edited by Miiks

Now all reliefs are taken away, so top players will still stay as top player but it's almost impossible to new players or players that are between 0-120 a/d to catch them.

Btw I like the idea. Yes it would make training bit easier, but still why it should be as hard as it's now? But I'd suggest that you have to wear it for whole fight until you flee. It would be too easy to take carrot on your hand and then when ebul muffy attacks, take it off and avoid breaking it. Also make it pretty easy to break and relatively expensive.

The top char will just get banned or locked, no need to catch them :pickaxe:

If the carrot for example is used while keeping in inventory, there's no avoiding the breaks from att. Also if game mechanics allow, the first break of this item should be calculated when the attack is done - you are under attack, you can't move. Your carrot broke/got eaten

And putting carrots to increase monsters critical to dmg the multitraining will be pain.

Why is multitraining so god awful all of a sudden? It takes ages to level right now anyway. :S

I don't even play the game anymore, but I have to agree with this. The top players in game trained their chars while it was easy to multitrain and TS was still in game etc. Now all reliefs are taken away, so top players will still stay as top player but it's almost impossible to new players or players that are between 0-120 a/d to catch them. IMO it's not very fair.

I completely disagree. (and i'm not 140's a/d. TS'ing has been removed right when i would get the biggest boost from it; the 120's-140's a/d climb)

You're effectively saying everyone should forever be able to train at whatever the fastest possible rate was in EL history, at the expense of game balance.

You referred to TS'ing and multi-training as "reliefs", but that's not what they were. They were flaws within a system being abused. Radu still referred to TS'ing as a "loophole" on his blog in the recent entry that mentions their removal.

Why it took so long for them to be removed, i don't know... but earning millions of exp per hour and fighting the same monster for years because they're nice to train and you can artificially lower your a/d, keeping the exp good, is plain silly.

It's too bad these issues weren't addressed much sooner, and that so many people, for so long, took advantage of the loopholes/flaws, but the game does clearly state "beta", so on-going changes and a good degree of 'unfairness' is too be expected.

Hopefully some day everyone will stop worrying so much about what they personally have to lose or gain and start being supportive of balanced systems and gameplay... or the game will never lose that 'beta' tag.

On topic:

I don't like the suggestion. I guess my main question is:

Why?

Nice idea :)

But I got one also, How about Entropy makes the xp 1/3 of what it is now on the attack and deffence levels :lurker: So getting from 1-30 would be same as getting from 1-90...Who likes this?? And who sees problems with it <3

I completely disagree. (and i'm not 140's a/d. TS'ing has been removed right when i would get the biggest boost from it; the 120's-140's a/d climb)

You're effectively saying everyone should forever be able to train at whatever the fastest possible rate was in EL history, at the expense of game balance.

You referred to TS'ing and multi-training as "reliefs", but that's not what they were. They were flaws within a system being abused. Radu still referred to TS'ing as a "loophole" on his blog in the recent entry that mentions their removal.

Why it took so long for them to be removed, i don't know... but earning millions of exp per hour and fighting the same monster for years because they're nice to train and you can artificially lower your a/d, keeping the exp good, is plain silly.

It's too bad these issues weren't addressed much sooner, and that so many people, for so long, took advantage of the loopholes/flaws, but the game does clearly state "beta", so on-going changes and a good degree of 'unfairness' is too be expected.

Hopefully some day everyone will stop worrying so much about what they personally have to lose or gain and start being supportive of balanced systems and gameplay... or the game will never lose that 'beta' tag.

I mostly agree with you. They were "loopholes", but should have been taken away much earlier as you said too. I think it's bit too late to remove them after them being many years in game. But it's my opinion and you can have your opinion :lurker: I don't care anyway since I don't have any urge to come back to EL :)

Edited by Miiks

No point in crying about how long they stayed. They're gone now, and that's good. And I repeat Korr's question: Why?

No point in crying about how long they stayed. They're gone now, and that's good. And I repeat Korr's question: Why?

I'm not crying. I stopped playing before they were removed. But I still think it was too late to remove them. That's my opinion and if you don't like it, fuck you :mace: