Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cruella

Server latency

I'm experiencing "bursts" of server latency from 7.000 to 80.000 ms all morning long with periods of normal ping in a range of 70-80 ms. Internet connection monitoring tool shows that this is limited to EL, all other applications do not suffer such lag. Any ideas?

I'm experiencing "bursts" of server latency from 7.000 to 80.000 ms all morning long with periods of normal ping in a range of 70-80 ms. Internet connection monitoring tool shows that this is limited to EL, all other applications do not suffer such lag. Any ideas?

Usually this happens when one of the internet routers between you and the EL gane server is having problems or one of the networks is overloaded. Using tracert/traceroute can help identify where th latenvy is happening, running it multiple times and paying attention to the first hop listed that has the latency out of all the samples.

*biased opinion* Because things like this do happen on the internet is one reason I provide my Premioum Proxy Service. To allow people an alternative route to EL when their normal route has problems. Usually, one of them can help you bypass the problems (but not always). */biased opinion*

Thanks, normally I have no problems whatsoever, just today, so I was wondering if there is a problem with EL's ISP. I'll run traceroute and see what it shows.

Thanks, normally I have no problems whatsoever, just today, so I was wondering if there is a problem with EL's ISP. I'll run traceroute and see what it shows.

We have seen in that past one particular ISP in EU that is a common route to get to the EL ISP that has had problems. Some of the routers in the UK & Germany have had problems in the past regularly.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this