Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

magic effect of summon stones

however if you are summoning you should be able to cast however many you can, because that is SKILL whereas there aint no skill

in using a summon stone

I agree summoning stuff in a fight is better then go buying 50 of ea stone, although I think reading before that its a problem in where people could summon 50 bizillion rats or bunnies just to cuase lag.

I agree summoning stuff in a fight is better then go buying 50 of ea stone, although I think reading before that its a problem in where people could summon 50 bizillion rats or bunnies just to cuase lag.

I guess that belongs to the number of summoned creatures, not if they are summoned by stone or by skill and not what kind of creature .... so, I guess it's even easyer to cause lag with a lot of stones than with skill.

so, I guess it's even easyer to cause lag with a lot of stones than with skill.

um... no... it's easier, faster and much cheaper to summon a heap of rats/rabbits with the skill than it is to summon a heap of creatures with stone (certainly cheaper, considering the cheapest stone is bears (afaik)).

Sure, it is cheaper, but is it really faster with the cooldown of srs and stones having no cooldown?

96 mana (minimum prolly for summoner) + 150 mana (CoM) = 246 mana / 7 (amount to summon 1 rat) = 35 rates before 1 SRS is even used.

EDIT: and if rabbits were to be used in the example, it'd be 49 brown rabbits.

Edited by Korrode

96 mana (minimum prolly for summoner) + 150 mana (CoM) = 246 mana / 7 (amount to summon 1 rat) = 35 rates before 1 SRS is even used.

K, I might have been wrong.

I thought that the tread had been about not well trained people using the advantages from stones and with no high a/d, I guess I wouldn't go fighting with Com instead Col .... but i don't fight anyway, so I guess I'm just not knowing.

Edited by HAWKfeather

I agree, training hard, and doing something good for the economy lilke hydro runs doesn't deserve getting pk'd.

I NEVER ceases to amazxe me, the very people who are more likely to want the pbjects made with hydro are the ones who slow its havresting. NEVER ceases!!!!

That said I don't think summoning stones should be removed. I mean seriously, summoning is one of those skills with very little gc return. As far as I know stones are really the only return. Please correct me as I am only 15 summoning and have basically ignored the skill.

That said, come on, add some cooldwon. Almost everything you can consume in the game has a cooldown. Most food, most potions, even spells have a bit of a cooldown between casting's.

Reduce the chance of magic affects.

IMO the stones are VERY powerful tools. But I also think people have a tendency to abuse them. Just summon a horde of bears or tigers instead of relying on yourself to win a fight. Add a tiny little penelty to the summoning stones.

Lol, discussed so many times before, and I personally have always been opposed to removing them. I think one of the 'main' arguments against removing them is their availability; if someone kills you with 50 white tigers, then you can just buy 100 of the same stone to counter.

So well said in the very first reply. Just buy tons of the stones too.

Plus, how are summoners supposed to make money from their skill? Summoning stones and mule glyphs are the only thing they can produce. So let them have a little bit of cash, too. Summoning is hard and expensive enough.