Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

Changes to client

As there is more space left and right of the text the effect isn't as visible as in the vertical direction.

I updated my patch and checked the horizontal adjustment, too.

Yes, the smallest button 'GMs' looks better/centered now (using the same values as for the inv-buttons) and the others still look good so I think your adjustment-variables work in both cases... :ph34r:

Edit:

I added the adjustment-variables to the 'number buttons' in the inv-screen and to the stats-display in the HUD, too. they work fine there...

I postet the complete patch on Berlios.

Edited by Sir_Odie

Thanks for the patch Sir_Odie.

Roja, what would to like to be done for this issue. I certainly don't know of a way to make this work across multiple graphics drivers plus it would be difficult and time consuming to try things, then get others to test on their systems. Hard wiring the values so they look OK for one set of people leaves the others with an untidy display. Even if we did say fix the values so they looked OK for you, then in the future some devs may have problems trying to second guess what will be OK for you.

If, as it looks likely, this alignment discrepancy is consistent across various parts of the HUD, then keeping these extra parameters and applying them more widely (like Sir_Odie has done with his patch) may be a good compromise. For example, a dev who needs a non-zero value for the adjustments can align new changes using the adjustment value and the result should be OK for all.

I can, if you like, apply Sir_Odie's patch then you can see what it looks like for you. To me with my [0,0] values, nothing will change.

Edited by bluap

I found a small issue with these variables: the y-adjust seems to work fine everywhere but the x-adjust is (for me, maybe others can test on different systems, resolutions, etc) dependant of the number of chars in the string --> even number = no adjust needed, odd number = adjust needed...

But as without the adjustment some strings are 'out of line', with the adjustment only some others are, so this shouldn't be a big problem as you now at least have a chance to adjust them with these variables... :medieval:

Edited by Sir_Odie