Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benjamin

Models

I think that on the forums you should add a section about models eg. what creatures would you like to see in the game, and information about people who wish to create a model for the game, I am wanting to create a hypogryph creature for the game, to do this I need two models from the game but that is a different topic.

I think you will get alot of positive feedback on the models if you create a section on the forums.

P.S if you do decide to make a section you could have a subsection of "model bugs"

Thankyou

Benjamin/Ashley2000

There was a section like that before, and it was taken down. I believe the reason behind it was there were many plans for creatures ingame already and people were just posting those plans.

Oh and it sounds like someone has been reading too much harry potter :) It's spelled hippogriff (or hippogryph).

Just be patient, Roja can only work on one section of artwork at a time.

I'm not great and spelling, however im good at modeling if roja wants I can make any model he/she would like within reason[not a 1 year 600feet dragon xD]

and with people posting the plans I think admins and people who would like to help make those models [using the secret EL modeling tool :)]

but I think it should happen, it could be a great help to improve the game even more than it is at the moment.

Well, if you want to create models for the game-or any game-you first need to provide examples of your work, so a link to a portfolio site would be good to start with.

Secondly, you can't just make anything you want. If I see you'd be good at making stuff for the game then I would tell you some things you can possibly make, and you can decide if you'd like to do that or not.

all my previous work got deleted because it was on my other computer but I will make a example withing the next couple of days,

what kind of example should it be say a 3d model of a person or creature or a animation clip?

Well what do you think? :) It's quite the same as applying for a job somewhere, show your best work, show work relevant to the industry you're trying to get into. In this case, a good idea would be to show many different low polygon models, textured, showing also the wireframe and the texture sheet.

I'm not great and spelling, however im good at modeling if roja wants I can make any model he/she would like within reason[not a 1 year 600feet dragon xD]

and with people posting the plans I think admins and people who would like to help make those models [using the secret EL modeling tool :)]

but I think it should happen, it could be a great help to improve the game even more than it is at the moment.

To my understanding (i may have read somewhere) The models in EL were created using Blender... am i right roja?

yeh I belive that is true gildrig

and unfortunatly my computer will not let blender function as when I am half way through sculpting a model the computer seems to automatically close blender due to a problem in the files, I have tried to re-install and asked for help from blender but there seems to be no logical answer so i'm unable to model :(.

I would still like to help draw[draw on a piece of paper and then scan into the computer] and get a view of the possible finished model but im unable to make models.

Please consider me posibly design some models in the future.

thanks

benjamin/ashley2000

Edited by benjamin

I don't need help with designing models, but feel free to make artwork for some of the stories you find in the forums. If it's good enough I will add it to the official story page :(

Well I don't even know if I'd want you helping-I haven't seen any of your work! If you're a real designer, or a real modeler, then you wouldn't have lost all your work on your other computer...I've heard that story a dozen times :(

Anyway, just some advice here, if you want people to take you seriously then be professional about things.