Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
samm

Problems downloading

I used to play EL a while back ago I wanted to log back on and realized i had an old version. I go to the EL website and try to get the newest version it installs for about 6 minutes then shuts off with a warning. Any idea why?

Internet Explorer cannot download El_170_install.exe from www.eternal-lands.com, The connection with the server was reset

I only have a option of OK

Im sorry i dont want to bother the mods and seem impatiant but i kind of am. Has anyone else experienced this problem that may be able to help me?

y00 samm, if you're still having problems downloading, add me to MSN (lonewolf4848@hotmail.com) and I can send you the client through that (might just take a little while longer).

Glad to see you're coming back. :devlish:

Internet Explorer cannot download el_170_install.exe from elgame.labby.co.uk.

The connection with the server was reset

Maybe i should disable my firewall?

Yes i did

Same message it always takes about 10 minutes says 1% download and always between 10H 1M left to 10H 4m left.

Never changes BUT the little paper is moveing on the top but very slowly.

I am not sure my graphics card and other things because i do not know how to check them but my computer runs games that i am sure require higher graphics and memory exm. Counter strike, Guns, and AA. I deleted guns and AA thinking maybe it was memory but still no luck

I finaly figured it out with the help of cycro =) i downloaded firefox BUT it still did not work it got to about 3% and crashed... so i tried pauseing it then unpauseing it and it worked i got it up to about 80% downloaded took me roughly 1 hour. Then the phone rang so i stoped pauseing/unpauseing i come back and it crashed... SO i did it again took me about hour 20 minutes of non stop clicking and waiting and it finaly worked i have no idea whats wrong but i am back in the game. I look forward to seeing everyone again =)