Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kad

Linux EL 1.7.0 - Bad textures rendering

Here comes screen shot

170bugvb1.jpg

Debian Sid

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel® 965GM 4.1.3002

OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.0.4

Is this always the case? I get the same graphics when my windows version has hibernated and comes back, solution is then to change resolution and/or restart the game.

Edited by Maxine

Is this always the case?

Yes, last working version was 1.4.0. Later 1.6.0 was crashing so since then I did not play.

The same problem with updated driver.

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel® 965GM 20061102

OpenGL version string: 2.0 Mesa 7.1 rc3

1.4.0 was working perfecly.

Edited by Kad

I too have this problem: I am using vista (unfortunately), and everything looks good (nearly 200fps always), but all character's, npc's and creature's textures are not working...

I do not think it can be a hardware problem: my pc is new!

It its a bug of EL as previous version (even in login screen) is working while newer has rendering problems with textures at the same time.

* Chaning resolution does not help

* No vertex program option in el.ini

* CVS version has the same problem

Edited by Kad

Also my system does support vertex_program.

glxinfo  | grep vertex_program
GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_window_pos, 
GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_vertex_program, 
GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_OES_read_format, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, 

This is a full glxinfo output

* No vertex program option in el.ini

Probably ment one of those:

> egrep '#.*(vertex|program)' el.ini
#use_vertex_array = 1
#use_vertex_buffers = 1
#use_compiled_vertex_array = 1
#use_animation_program= 1

@Kad: this is a really odd bug. It seems that the textures are not displayed correctly or not loaded correctly.

Are you using a 16 bits display? If yes, try to switch to a 24 bits one to see if that helps.

If no, do you have any errors in your ~/.elc/error_log.txt file?

@Kad: this is a really odd bug. It seems that the textures are not displayed correctly or not loaded correctly.

Are you using a 16 bits display? If yes, try to switch to a 24 bits one to see if that helps.

If no, do you have any errors in your ~/.elc/error_log.txt file?

No, I am using 24 bits display already. But after looking in error_log.txt you're right. Textures are not loaded.

A lot of

[07:02:46] ERROR: Cannot load texture './textures/eye_candy/32x32/simple.png'.

errors.

On the other hand following files exist and premission are correct.

To get full log click on error_log.txt link.

After installing libpng3 problems seems to be still there. But textures are loaded and log is shorter.

Log started at 2008-08-12 08:44:20 localtime (CEST)

[08:44:20] Using the server profile: main

[08:44:20] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "d:\Eternal Lands/"

[08:44:23] Error opening sound configuration file

[08:44:24] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[08:44:24] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst

[08:44:24] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[08:44:24] Error: Can't open file "alias.ini"

[08:44:25] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst

[08:44:25] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst

[08:44:25] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[08:44:25] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst

[08:44:26] Failed to download (files.lst) 3 times. Giving up.

[08:44:47] Client closed

Edited by Kad

[08:44:20] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "d:\Eternal Lands/"

:brooding:

:)

Correcting this does not help. Moreover game does not work properly out of the box. I think it does not matter as current dir is used and now textures are loaded(errors are gone), but the problem still exist.

Debian Sid

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel® 965GM 4.1.3002

I presume you are using the official (statically linked built) downloaded from the el website. Have you tried compiling from CVS? Alternatively, you could try my Debian packages. OK this is a Ubuntu help page but if you scroll down you'll see the URL for Debian (lenny) built packages. You could always download the source deb from there and build on your machine. I don't know which distro was used to build the static executable but building your own or using at least a Debian built version may be better.

Edited by bluap

I presume you are using the official (statically linked built) downloaded from the el website. Have you tried compiling from CVS? Alternatively, you could try my Debian packages. OK this is a Ubuntu help page but if you scroll down you'll see the URL for Debian (lenny) built packages. You could always download the source deb from there and build on your machine. I don't know which distro was used to build the static executable but building your own or using at least a Debian built version may be better.

Yes I already tried CVS version, and yes I am also using latest offical zip archive with binaries for Linux.

This does not solve the problem. I am on Debian(sid) 64bit.

I'm still pretty much a Linux newb so forgive me if i've missed something, but it appears you're running Mesa 7.0.4.

The latest stable Mesa release, according to their site, is 7.0.3, and from what i'm seeing the latest available version even from Debian Sid repos is also 7.0.3. So i'm not sure how you've gotten 7.0.4 unless you've compiled the latest non-stable Mesa yourself. (EDIT: ah, just noticed 7.1~rc3 'experimental' packages)

I've no experience coding 3D games and perhaps your texture rendering issues cannot possibly even be related to the OpenGL API, but i thought i'd mention it just in case.

Perhaps downgrading to 7.0.3? package is here:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/amd64/lib...sa-glx/download

EDIT: the above link is the GLX package, idk if u also/instead need the DRI package (as is said, /me is pretty much newb on this subject lol), but here's the link anyways:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/amd64/lib...sa-dri/download

Edited by Korrode

I'm still pretty much a Linux newb so forgive me if i've missed something, but it appears you're running Mesa 7.0.4.

The latest stable Mesa release, according to their site, is 7.0.3, and from what i'm seeing the latest available version even from Debian Sid repos is also 7.0.3.

I have 7.0.3-5 debian packages installed right now, and those are really 7.0.4. Does not matter what I compiled from source or what is installed, as it did not work before that, and does not work with 7.1rc3 mesa as well. In addition to that, all other OpenGL applications/games work without any problems.

Do you still have 1.4 EL version? If so please give me a link so I can try it?