Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rasberrybeard

Missing knowledge.

When I look in my knowledge list alll my previously learned knowledge no longer exsists. I already tried the #knowledge command and it gives me the same bug. It did this on client 1.6 as well as 1.7. I am running EL off of a thumbdrive if that has anything to do with it. (I dont know much about it, but it seems like that type of info would be stored server side anyways)

I dont like to be annoying but I really need an answer as to why this is happening so i dont have to read all those books over again.

Check that you have a knowledge.lst file that has the list of books in it.

Check that you have a knowledge.lst file that has the list of books in it.

EDIT: I have knowledge.xml but I dont see a knowledge.lst file.

Edited by rasberrybeard

knowledge.xml is in the Eternal Lands installaton folder; for the books list, look at Eternal Lands/languages/en/knowledge.lst

Note that which books you have/haven't read is stored server side, so you have the knowledge no matter what you see in ctrl+k; the list of books displayed in ctrl+k instead is stored client side, so if knowledge.lst is missing/not accessible, you won't see the list of books

Edited by Theryndan

knowledge.xml is in the Eternal Lands installaton folder; for the books list, look at Eternal Lands/languages/en/knowledge.lst

Note that which books you have/haven't read is stored server side, so you have the knowledge no matter what you see in ctrl+k; the list of books displayed in ctrl+k instead is stored client side, so if knowledge.lst is missing/not accessible, you won't see the list of books

Ok I checked the folder and I DO have the LST file. However my read knowledge is still not showing up. Its like my knowledge dissapeared.