Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

Harvest Medallion

Well made Three Harvest Medallions Yipee !!

First broke after 2 lots of harvesting exp and 2 bags of gold so about 6k harvest exp and 300 gc's

Second broke after first bag of gold 170gc's

(two different chars used them)

I know i was told they arn't worth making

50kgc I spent on the books

the time making earth ess matt congl's

mining sedirium

makin bars

then crafting the harvest meds

Well i guess i expected a little more out of them than 170gc's

Life go's on

I have been told this is the same on main server so maybe the break rate should be looked at, or give them an increased chance of finding stones or something to make them worth all the trouble and expence you have to go through to make them

Handyman Thor

I spent weeks going back and forth about this with Entropy. I finally stopped when Entropy explained that it was never the intent that the harvest meds would be any sort of a net-positive (or even break-even) item. They are like a lottery ticket: a very few people will "win" but most won't.

So it you're willing to spend the 5K-7K (depending on server/prices) on a "ticket", perhaps you'll get lucky.

The only time I use them is on 3x harvest #days, and even with that bonus they're still typically a net-loss for me.

And they could have been such a cool item for harvesters (or anyone) to use... :hug:

One thing i have come to see true on harvester Medallions is that the smaller the sample, the worst image you get of them.

afaik there was only one person posting a bit test of some 100 meds if i recall right (was a long time i read it) and the balance wasn't that bad. it's another items to keep people busy when they have time for it :hug:

I tend to see them as tailoring skill, nice to watch (ie. 6000xp Bless), but no advantage from it.

On the bright side, at least you are very close to making Medallions of Life :D

Edited by Segor

And they could have been such a cool item for harvesters (or anyone) to use... :hug:

My thoughts exactly

They had just come out when i quit the main server so never had a chance to use them

I liked the idea of increasing the 10-20 coins you sometimes find in a bag and the extra exp from harvesting events

Would also be great if it raised the chance of finding stones, that way Bkc's lottery ticket would be more appealing

But for me back to polishing saphs and making moon meds i think

I will make harvest meds if I'm asked for one by a player, for the price of 1k earth ess and 2kgc's but you might not even see 200gc's back for it :D

Mols coming soon lets see how easy they break

Handy Thor

Mols coming soon lets see how easy they break
They last a long time as long as you don't use them for training or fighting (like for Mother Nature protection). Use them in combat and they will break too. But I'm not sure what would be considered break-even for one (some ratio of fewer restores needed due to higher health and little bits of healing they provide).

I used a couple while training and they lasted for quite a while.

and it's always nice to see those 25 points health recovering or even going above health limit :)

I don't know if that was fixed or not, but while you were on the same map, if the health went over the max due to the MoL 25 points of health, your restores would go above you health max and meat the new max created by the MoL (if i can make myself clear :))