Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dilly

To PK or not to PK?

Could you be interested in a little PK from time to time?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever PK?

• PK??? Ewwwww I R teh peacefull harver/potter/alcher and don't even own a weapon bigger than a pickaxe!
    • I tried it a few times, but simply dont enjoy it
    • PK is too expensive -.-
    • I am a pr0 PKer but PK is dead and I spend my time moarning it's loss instead of trying to revive it
    • There aren't many people active in PK for me to get the chance of a reasonably fair fight
    • How do you mean, never?? I live for PK!
  2. 2. What would make PK more appealing to you?

• Ban the special armors and weapons that give people superpowers (e.g. BOD, BROD, but also COTM, Ubber Def greaves, etc)
    • Make rostogol stones cheaper somehow
    • Limit the number of PK areas and make them all capped to a certain level
    • Create more PK areas, matter of fact: PK should be allover
    • Ban PKI.. it makes the strong cockier, and the weak even more scared
    • Stop allowing summonstones to be used in singlecombat arena's
    • Remove PP buying at NPC
    • Other.....

i was only suggesting it for the arena's, which are imho for PK training, could be ofcourse for some arena's, like the lvl capped only.

i think it would make more ppl to try pk, atm its the ts'd ppl who rule the arena's and try to catch every newbie's dis just to kill and brag about it.

It would still lower the change to get kills. I mean if all arenas would be made like that. I have got maybe about 90% of my kills and deaths from arenas. Even when u are fighting alone, u can summon some bears or tigers to catch your opponent's dis. In KF it's easier to dis, because summoned mobs attacks right after u summon them (and same with real players ;)).

But yes some "not so popular" arenas could be made that kind. For example TG magic school's arenas and NC pk cave so lower lvl peeps could pvp and learn to pk there pretty safely when there's no risk that summon or other player catches dis if someone attacks him. But main arenas (NCA, WSA) should stay like this, because most pkers are pking there.

Edited by Miiks

in such an arena you won't learn a shit about PK.

look at force, he just died 3 times to my guildie. and my guildie is much weaker. the only thing such arenas do is give free pvp opportunity's and safe pk fights with less deaths.

the only way to learn pk is to die. and that will always be like it was, no attribute cap or anything can change that.

look at force, he just died 3 times to my guildie. and my guildie is much weaker. the only thing such arenas do is give free pvp opportunity's and safe pk fights with less deaths.

the only way to learn pk is to die. and that will always be like it was, no attribute cap or anything can change that.

Yes maybe that was bit wrong word. I ment those "safe fights" where is not so big risk to get pwned by higher lvl chars.

And secondly only way to learn pk is to pk. Not dying. Of course u will die too, but at least I have got most of my pk experience by fighting, not dying :P;) Had to say that :D

well yeh totally right, my point was more like "if you die, you made a mistake, you won't make that mistake twice". if ur good ;)

Yes maybe that was bit wrong word. I ment those "safe fights" where is not so big risk to get pwned by higher lvl chars.

And secondly only way to learn pk is to pk. Not dying. Of course u will die too, but at least I have got most of my pk experience by fighting, not dying :P;) Had to say that :D

Thats not the whole truth :D At least I got most of experience by dying...i forgot MI died once,twice,three times...so i started using MI,and so on...the more times you die the more times you can learn from that...how to win....or at least survive :P

Thats not the whole truth :P At least I got most of experience by dying...i forgot MI died once,twice,three times...so i started using MI,and so on...the more times you die the more times you can learn from that...how to win....or at least survive :D

Yes that's true too, but it's easier to say that I have got most of my experience by pking ;) Dying belongs to pking :D

But most things about general pk, I have learned just by fighting. Of course u can learn things like how to stay alive longer time by dying too. But this is going bit off topic now, so maybe it's better to stop :D

Btw I think it was Liquid who said that BroDs and BoDs should have less % to their effects or have neg effects. I dont really see BoD or even BroDs as a problem in pk. U can easily avoid being hit by them by using red cape.

Edit: Just few days ago I learned something by dying. Was fighting with dman and korrode came to catch my dis. I was running low of mana so summoned a tiger. I excepted tiger would attack korrode right after and dissed. But nah... that stupid tiger was slow and attacked dman after I dissed and korrode attacked me... So it was bb to rosto and 0,11 pk points :D Next time have to wait that monster really attacks diss catcher before dissing :P

Edited by Miiks

well yeh totally right, my point was more like "if you die, you made a mistake, you won't make that mistake twice". if ur good :)

Uhmm, damn :/