Eternal Lands Official Forums
Gil_Manel

Constant "Resync with server"

A year or so back, my room-mate and I both played EL on our computers, with no problems. We stopped for a while, and recently came back to the game. I re-installed everything and have had no trouble whatsoever. My room-mate, however, has had nothing but trouble.

First off, he's running an Athlon XP 2800+, at 2.08ghz, with 512mb RAM. He has an NVIDIA GeForce FX5200, which I believe has 128mb of VRAM; did discover that his driver was outdated, so installed version 6.14.11.7516, dated 5/2/08, which should be the very latest.

The symptoms are: when he starts EL from the desktop, he gets the opening screen, and then the black screen with all the GL stuff and welcome to Eternal Lands; there's no sound, however. He clicks on the screen, and gets to the log-in screen...logs in, and a few moments later he's on Isla Prima, but, his FPS is almost always 0, and he gets a "Resync with server" message every few seconds. It never changes and, obviously, is unplayable.

He's made no other changes to his computer, other than the exact same Windows updates (XP Home SP3 for us both). We both use the exact same security suite with the same settings.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

David

Seems there is a new driver as today (175.19) (NVIDIA) which supports the mentioned card, try it an report again.

An other way he could try is install the latest release candidate over the current install. Don't use the shortcut, run el_170_final_rc.exe

Open the settings on the welcome screen and turn poor man on and login.

Thanks for the response, and the info on the driver; I've installed it on his computer, but, it had no effect, unfortunately.

Following the link you provided to the release candidate, I found and downloaded "el_170_last_rc"....is that the same thing? If so, do I simply execute it, leaving the existing Eternal Lands alone?

Thanks, again, for the assistance!

David

Seems there is a new driver as today (175.19) (NVIDIA) which supports the mentioned card, try it an report again.

An other way he could try is install the latest release candidate over the current install. Don't use the shortcut, run el_170_final_rc.exe

Open the settings on the welcome screen and turn poor man on and login.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.