Eternal Lands Official Forums
rasberrybeard

Programming [SOLVED]

When I return I'd like to get more involved with the game specifically id like to attribute to the programming aspects of the game, in particular id like to see a new sound engine (something more along the lines of ambient music progression seen in other mmos, so that music can transition seamlessly). What language is the game built on? I have worked with PERL and Ruby, and its very easy for me to buy bootleg compilers from the vendors here so all I need is a nudge in the right direction. I know its unrealistic that I could start writing something right away, but I have 9 months left to sit and learn, and I literally have nothing else to do with my free time. So anyways babbling aside, what language do I need to learn and what type of programs am I going to need to get started?

Respectfully

Rasberrybeard

9 months? Start reading here :D

http://gcc.gnu.org/

Piper

Thanks Piper, and thats because ill still be deployed until then. Also this is a multiplatform compiler which still doesnt quite answer my question about which language I ought to focus on... unless im daft and missing something.

Edited by rasberrybeard