Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LeoI

Combat Level Pk

thought i would go onto my next suggestion seeing as my last one was mercilessly flamed and quite frankly broke my spirit a little. jk. or not, anyways...

IMO one of the reasons pk isnt as active as it could be is because people are too afraid of stronger people in arenas and maps. i have a couple of suggestions to make pk more combat level based so it levels things out and hopefully brings more activity.

1. Get rid of all the A/D limited caps on arenas completely and replace them with combat level limits. this would stop one person getting stronger and stronger than everyone else and never leveling. it gives other people a chance and levels things out.

look at DPA for example. it was designed for newbies and all it is now is a bunch of stronger people staying under the a/d cap, taking all neg perks and building up their attributes as much as possible, killing anyone else who walks in. (ye im a complete hypocrite yada yada yada....)

2. make pk so that you can only attack people within a certain combat level of yourself. i know all the higher levels will blast me for this but theres ways it can be made better, like as you increase in level the range of people you can attack increases.

its hard to say how many people are close to the person with the top combat level, because of everyone having their stats blocked, but im sure (kind of) that theres a range thats fair.

thats all i can think of atm. please, for the love of god, no posts like "we know more cos we play longer kk?" or "another DPA nub trying to make pk life easier >.<". thats not what im trying to do. its just a suggestion to balance out pk amongst everyone.

constructive criticism please.

good luck, have fun reading and flaming

thought i would go onto my next suggestion seeing as my last one was mercilessly flamed and quite frankly broke my spirit a little. jk. or not, anyways...

IMO one of the reasons pk isnt as active as it could be is because people are too afraid of stronger people in arenas and maps. i have a couple of suggestions to make pk more combat level based so it levels things out and hopefully brings more activity.

IMO, it's people who are scared of moving away from DPA and starting such suggestions to make their Life easier.

Every suggestion you posted till now would be a really really easy way for people like you to have some force in "real" pk.

like your last suggestion also this one will just bring an big advantage for low levels and a huge disadvantage for high levels.

and ur last sentence perfectly fits. your not trying to make PK life easier for everyone, but according to ur guildtag ur pking in DPA too, and i bet my ass with all your suggestions you'r trying to find a way to make 50 a/d people have something to say in real PK. i'm tried of seeing PK suggestions from low levels that are too lazy to train. did you ever notice the last months 80% of PK suggestions come from people who regular Pkers never saw in PK before? if you wanna stop dieing go train and stop making suggestions to ur personal benefit.

oh according to ur rankings you are like 62 a/d. and you didn't make those suggestions because you want a chance in real pk without training did you?

i actually left pk in dpa months ago. part of it was to get people to move on from arenas and to go pking. the reason i left dpa was because it was boring sitting around and not being able to train a/d.

its just a suggestion, if you dont like it fine, but it has nothing to do with not being bothered to train or making pk life easier for myself.

you said in the last topic that theres 30 people at nca sometimes - 30 people out of how many thousand? this wouldnt make pk life easier for low levels that much it just makes them less scared of getting killed by people 80 a/d higher than them. and out of interest how many people with much lower a/d than you do you actually kill? i could guess its hardly anything and if it is it doesnt make much difference to you that you cant kill lower level people but it makes a huge difference having more people for everyones level

Edited by LeoI

i actually left pk in dpa months ago. part of it was to get people to move on from arenas and to go pking. the reason i left dpa was because it was boring sitting around and not being able to train a/d.

yes, thats why u quit DPA months ago and now are around 4-5 def levels higher than DPA maximum, still in a Pure DPA guild. you left to get like 500k exp over several months. do you think i'm mentally retarded? oO

anyway off here, tired of this kind of stuff.

EDIT: to comment ur edit. PK was never meant to be level based friendly fights, it's KILL WHO YOU SEE, not fight whos on ur lvl to not lose much.

Edited by Tempest

Your suggestion is to make all EL PK have a limitation on who can be attacked based on combat level... i don't like that idea at all.

The only similar setup that i think would work is the previously suggested "Law Level" system, of which the current PK maps would be rated "lawless" and all the rest of EL would have law levels, and in places like Grubani and South Kilaran you'd be able to attack people around your own levels, and in places like Tarsengaard and Nordcarn you'd only be able to attack people quite a lot stronger.

Details here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=370431

...but restricting all of EL's PK to only being able to attack people near your own combat level... no way :)

EDIT: typo, changed "PK" to "EL"

Edited by Korrode

ye i left dpa months ago and only got a few 100k exp because i have other things to do. havent been on too much and when i have iv been alching. i have exams in real life atm so excuse me for not playing 10 hours a day

if pk was never meant to be level based fights explain the arenas. getting rid of a/d limited arenas and replacing them with combat limited just stops people from staying in the same place for their pk life.

and ye im still in 'B$' but do you honestly think they would love this suggestion? it kind of goes against dpa pkers if you actually read the suggestion

Your suggestion is to make all EL PK have a limitation on who can be attacked based on combat level... i don't like that idea at all.

The only similar setup that i think would work is the previously suggested "Law Level" system, of which the current PK maps would be rated "lawless" and all the rest of PK would have law levels, and in places like Grubani and South Kilaran you'd be able to attack people around your own levels, and in places like Tarsengaard and Nordcarn you'd only be able to attack people quite a lot stronger.

Details here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=370431

...but restricting all of EL's PK to only being able to attack people near your own combat level... no way :)

what about the first one then?

Edited by LeoI

Sorry didn't see there was the 2 separate suggestions (i'm badly hung-over atm), one being just arenas... yeah that sounds ok to me, a couple of arenas where u can only fight people around your own CL...

I know a lot of PK'ers out there wont like the idea... but i do.

EDIT:

But, this also has been suggested before, and discussed in depth... it didn't happen then, i doubt it will now.

EDIT2:

Probably the only "limited arena" suggestion that'd keep everyone at least somewhat happy, would be the way eMPi suggested it a while ago:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=388270

Some arena where when you step into it your a/d is automatically lowered so everyone is the same a/d while in that arena, with this:

A. The lower leveled (and perhaps under-skilled) PK'ers who dont like fighting way stronger people will be reasonably happy.

B. The very high level PK'ers, although they wont get the benefits of the levels they earned, would still be able to go there and fight.

It really would be a place where attribute build, riches (equipment) and PK skill would be all that counts... which would mean the very high level a/d'ers would still have a bit of an advantage, in that they usually have higher OA than most.

Edited by Korrode

I find it frustrating how some PKers complain that PK is dead, and constantly discourage suggestions that most likely would bring new faces into PK (not directed at Korrode/Temp, I know they both actively PK, and don't whine)

if pk was never meant to be level based fights explain the arenas. getting rid of a/d limited arenas and replacing them with combat limited just stops people from staying in the same place for their pk life.

The arena's were ment to be a stepping stone for low level players to get a taste of PK early on, TS pots and players being in a "comfort" zone kinda ruined that.

I dont see how making arena's combat level based rather than a/d would make a differance, players would reach the required combat level then stop, or level a/d a bit more and remove a few pp's or TS down and still remain at the same combat level. nothing would change

And for making all EL PK combat level based bad idea, Non-limited area's are supposed to be about the strongest or who has the best tactics. I first entered a PK map (kf) at 50 a/d and got my ass seriously handed to me by 100+ players, it gave me a great incentive to train

edit: If you want to force players to move on.. easy totally remove Tsing down and/or make players only have 100 days from their first fight in a capped arena and then Lock that char to said arena.

Edited by conavar

Personally I dislike your suggestion. I even think, all those limit arenas do more damage than benefit to PK. Nowadays stronger players do not go to PK in hope to get some lower level PvPers or just some extra leathers => less PK

I would understand if those arenas would allow lower lvl people enjoying PK without fear, but in practice those arenas are ruled by negged out/TSed alt chars with good equipment. I suggest lifting all limitations.

Anyway LeoI, I haven't flamed you last time, just provided my opinion. But now I can't resist...

Go to harvest in the caves :rolleyes: where you belong to and please leave PK changes to fighters, kk?

Mabye just make dpa a little diffrent so people in the higher lvls cant come ts down to dpa lvl With all there better stuff higher magic and so on. I dont pk but thats because if i walked into kf with a mm on so the flufs and chims dont kill me a much higher lvl will come along take one hit on me and i will die. And does anyone ever go to wsa anymore? mabye make some changes to it.

I find it frustrating how some PKers complain that PK is dead, and constantly discourage suggestions that most likely would bring new faces into PK (not directed at Korrode/Temp, I know they both actively PK, and don't whine)

Really? :(

Just get out of level capped arenas so the "*!Real!*" PKers will just work their ass and level up to PK better, unlike now, sitting 7/24 in DPa killing everyone stepped into...

If you are a real PKer, then its easy to get 90's very fast (which is reasonable for PK nowadays) like in 3 months (i did) and then set a good p/c for both PK and training so you get 100's or 110's fast too. And you PK ok?

Nowadays stronger players do not go to PK in hope to get some lower level PvPers or just some extra leathers => less PK

I am not a fighter, but this is not true :(

Most/Lot of people in PK kill everything what moves unless it's someone from allied guild (check the other thread about guilds and PK in general chat)

(I don't care if i get killed in PK areas as i go there only to get merc or other resources and i always have rosto when carrying something valuable)

I SAY TO MAKE PK MORE ACTIVE, REMOVE MOST PK MAPS, LEAVE NC, WSC, TD, KF and remove capped Arenas !

that way, pk would be more concentrated :) = more fights

Edited by Michic0_oL

I SAY TO MAKE PK MORE ACTIVE, REMOVE MOST PK MAPS, LEAVE NC, WSC, TD, KF and remove capped Arenas !

But... do PK'ers go to any maps other than those anyway? (except DPa)

I still think making rostos cheaper is the single best suggestion.

Make em $2 each / $40 for 25 ($1.60ea), in the store and double the amount found while harvesting, rostos will be ~7kgc.

People who try PK for the first time and get instantly sent to hell wont feel like it was as much of a waste of their time.

Edited by Korrode

Really? :D

Just get out of level capped arenas so the "*!Real!*" PKers will just work their ass and level up to PK better, unlike now, sitting 7/24 in DPa killing everyone stepped into...

If you are a real PKer, then its easy to get 90's very fast (which is reasonable for PK nowadays) like in 3 months (i did) and then set a good p/c for both PK and training so you get 100's or 110's fast too. And you PK ok?

so you're saying you don't want any new pkers?