Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XaRondas

Suggestion and help about ranging & combat level

Last week i was talking with Ghrae about a monster's ignore level... that time i thought what would happen if i had a char training archery what about his combat level or mobs ignore level?

Well the suggestion i want to make is to make mobs ignore defence level same for ranging example for orcs ignore defence level is defence 51 , i think it would be fair for archers to have the same ignore level (ranging 51)

and second is mostly a question rather a suggestion

is ranging as a skill (i am not talking about attributes) going to affect someone combat level since it is a combat skill?

Thank u for your time reading it :)

Draugluin

As the "Combat Level" calculation is not an official EL thing, that question is un-answerable really...

Someone would need to come up with a new calculation and it would need to be widely adopted.

As the "Combat Level" calculation is not an official EL thing, that question is un-answerable really...

It is not? Then how comes, that it works for ignoring ogres, hobgoblins, cyclops and fluffs? The formula may not be official, however, it "somehow" work, thus there have to be some similar system.

Maybe I just don't get the question/suggestion, but do you want animals/monsters to ignore getting attacked? :)

It is not? Then how comes, that it works for ignoring ogres, hobgoblins, cyclops and fluffs?

It doesn't work 100% for that.

A char build i was once doing i needed ~10 more CL for monster to ignore than most other people.

It no doubt is close to the way EL itself determines when monsters will ignore, but certainly not exact... and posting here in the EL suggestions forums about it simply isn't the place. There is no official support from the EL devs for the Combat Level calculation, just because Gossip and some 3rd party websites tell it doesn't make it official :icon4:

EDIT:

thus there have to be some similar system.

If you're simply saying that Ent should consider adding ranging into whatever system EL uses to determine monster's ignore, then fair enough... i'm just making the point above that the widely used "Combat Level" is unofficial and not exactly how EL determines monster ignore, and that even if Ent was to make ranging a part of monster ignore, the CL given by Gossip would not change on the same day, many players would have to do much experimenting and make all their results and data available so a new "Combat Level" calculation could be formulated, by players.

Edited by Korrode

The reason most monsters have ignore logic is to reduce AFK training. Onve you get your stats that high the monster can rarely win and people were just AFK'ing at spawns.

If you attack them via any method (including bows), they should be willing to fight back.