Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mana Knight

Perhaps...a list of top players?

Hopefully I'm not missing out and there's already a top players list somewhere or something.............but if there isnt one....

A thought came to me that It'd be interesting to see just what I'm up against, how far I've got to go to reach the rest of the oldbies. Then I thought about Runescape (since I played that game a good deal in the past) and I remembered that there was a list of the top players for each skill level and one list for top players overall, and a ranking within the skill level compared to the other top players.

I just thought it might be a decent idea, if not for now then for further on down the road, as I'm sure there are more urgent and pressing matters to deal with for the moment. It's just something I'd like to see eventually, since it can be done rather simply buy just making an additional page dedicated to "top players list" or something similar on the EL website, or perhaps you could simply add an overall ranking number (or rank compared to other players in individual skills as well perhaps) to the already existing stats on the "Players Online" page?

Anyways, just thought I'd bring up the suggestion, as I'm sure it would appeal to other players as well. Hopefully, like I say, I'm not missing out on something that's already been done >_<

Good idea? Bad/unnecessary idea? There already is one and im just too newbie to find it? What do you all think?

It is on the "ideas" or "coming soon" page.. but they put it into the section of 'completed'.. I guess they are classifying the new being able to check peoples stats on the site page as 'top members page' I dunno though..

Wouldn't it be easy to do in PHP? I mean, you have an SQL database behind the game, right? So just create a page that does SELECT TOP 10 * FROM PLAYERS ORDER BY ATTACK DESC (change table and field names to match the DB).