Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaddy

PK City!

Hiya all :)

I did some searches about it but couldnt find any.

I was reading old forums (Vanyel's thread iirc) about new PK areas for certain levels like 80's/100's dunno at all in different maps. As you know, we, PKers are already complaining about how PK is dead (tho its not really true) but with new arenas, PKers and getting-ready-to-be-PKed people will spread out c2 and then number of people in c1 PK's will be decreased.

I know this suggestion wont be implemented in this update coz of too many codes but heres my2cents:

PK City

"A city that houses many PK and non-PK areas. It can be reached only by rings or teleport spell"

It will be a middle sized map that has a big road in the middle of it and contains little PK areas for certain levels (like from 40's to 120's, one for each) which players can fight only 1vs1. At the end of the road there will be a bigger map which is multi and players can fight there in teams.

Thoughts ? ;)

EDIT# A storage in the middle of the map and a graveyard at the tele place which dead players will be teleported there :P

Edited by OldySchooly

OMFG!!! I had this same idea like a day ago! (But it seemed like to many other ideas) Same basic thing as you said but with a sto in the middle....Anyone who wanted to pk would be there so no more arena hopping ;) Brilliant lol

Thats just my opinion :P

nah i think just remove all the pk maps in C2, remove arenas in C1 exept WSC and DP lvl 39 - the td old style

and just concentrate the pk in kf, its too splited already :/

just my 3 cent

~TK.

Edited by Michic0_oL

nah i think just remove all the pk maps in C2, remove arenas in C1 exept WSC and DP lvl 39 - the td old style

and just concentrate the pk in kf, its too splited already :/

just my 3 cent

~TK.

On a quick side note (Sry to spam) but thats prolly the best idea so far.....To many places for pk with hardly any pkers.

contains little PK areas for certain levels (like from 40's to 120's, one for each)

At least it will be fair ;)

contains little PK areas for certain levels (like from 40's to 120's, one for each)

At least it will be fair ;)

lol, the should train, easy for few lvl 90s o kill me with the cap (well, u need at least 5 to kill me, maybe 6 xD although i'm not 120s)

but wih archery, 2 on me, 1 archer is enough so i think no lvl arenas anymore would be more fair ^^

anyway how did we do, we trained hard ! the newbs have their training made easy with armors such as tit and ts potion...

I like the original idea.

Having all the level limited arenas near each other would be great, especially for spectators... and if there was some bigger multi-combat PK area nearby it would be good also, when some trash talk between some 80's a/d arena people and a 100's a/d arena person heats up, they can just take it to the unrestricted multi area.

PK city... would be so pr0.

maybe we should have a fund for a guild map that has some capped arenas... :)

IIRC, guild maps can have many arenas?

I will donate 50$ to teh cause

Edited by Saint

maybe we should have a fund for a guild map that has some capped arenas... :)

IIRC, guild maps can have many arenas?

I will donate 50$ to teh cause

As will I!!!!!! :D if I had that much to spend lol

I personaly think this is prolly the best idea ever imo

Player-owned cities will be there eventually, and iirc according to the Blog, you could assault enemy cities. If you want to PK other people than just your friends, that might fulfill this suggestion.

Hiya all :)

I did some searches about it but couldnt find any.

I was reading old forums (Vanyel's thread iirc) about new PK areas for certain levels like 80's/100's dunno at all in different maps. As you know, we, PKers are already complaining about how PK is dead (tho its not really true) but with new arenas, PKers and getting-ready-to-be-PKed people will spread out c2 and then number of people in c1 PK's will be decreased.

I know this suggestion wont be implemented in this update coz of too many codes but heres my2cents:

PK City

"A city that houses many PK and non-PK areas. It can be reached only by rings or teleport spell"

It will be a middle sized map that has a big road in the middle of it and contains little PK areas for certain levels (like from 40's to 120's, one for each) which players can fight only 1vs1. At the end of the road there will be a bigger map which is multi and players can fight there in teams.

Thoughts ? :P

EDIT# A storage in the middle of the map and a graveyard at the tele place which dead players will be teleported there ;)

nice try but honestly with that idea you will totally kill pk :P

imagine all pk arenas would be deleted except KF/WSC or KF/NC. do you realize how many people would pk there cause its the only PK arenas?

and now imagine you'r gonna make 1 arena for every 10's a/d step. you'r gonna split PK into ~12 different parts and it would be more dead than before the attribute cap.

btw why do u guys always come up with new PK suggestions? isnt there actually PK action atm?

EDIT: TK if i ever tell u something over msn again dont steal mi ideas pls <3 :huh:

Edited by Tempest

Bad idea to just have a generic pk area that suits everyone. Might as well just have 3 maps in the game. One for PK. One for harv/mixing. One for Training.

well i didnt say i wanna have all the other pk areas removed xD

but look at it like this.... the more pk arenas get implemented, the more people will be split on them, and the less PK action will be on those maps overall.

ent did enough for PK to be crowded, and there have been more than enough suggestions about "reviving" PK. now it's time for the players to lose their goddamn fear and move their butts into PK places again if they want to PK, else PK will NEVER get crowded, doesnt matter how good the suggestion is.

(i think this sentence im gonna repeat a few 1000 times more cuz no1 does it anyway)

Having all the level limited arenas near each other would be great, especially for spectators... and if there was some bigger multi-combat PK area nearby it would be good also, when some trash talk between some 80's a/d arena people and a 100's a/d arena person heats up, they can just take it to the unrestricted multi area.

Yes Make The Arenas in c1 lvl based so no more 100s and 120s pwning the 60-90s a/d chars so like take out the c2 PK maps and make all the c1 arenas lvl based and TD/KF no lvl based say DPa still 40, naralik still 60s, NCa 80s, WSC 100s and just keep KF/TD no lvls based so all those ebul 120 a/d chars stop stealing the lower a/d ppl using these arenas would bring out more ppl from the game knowing that they have a fair opponent.

*Edit* Im just trying to say i never get to fight any1 round my own a/d anymore i was on for last NDD i didnt get any 1 PKed just got PKed 3 times, 2x by TooMass and 1x By Nahtepa, they both have a ~20-65 a/d range over me and i try to hold a fight just not possible, its a waste of GC for lower lvled a/d PKers now nowonder PK is dead.*edit*

Edited by bigkav

Yes Make The Arenas in c1 lvl based so no more 100s and 120s pwning the 60-90s a/d chars so like take out the c2 PK maps and make all the c1 arenas lvl based and TD/KF no lvl based say DPa still 40, naralik still 60s, NCa 80s, WSC 100s and just keep KF/TD no lvls based so all those ebul 120 a/d chars stop stealing the lower a/d ppl using these arenas would bring out more ppl from the game knowing that they have a fair opponent.

Other good idea: Remove archery, summoning, magic and mines and let only a/d skill be used on arenas. People could heal with health potions so higher magic skill and other unfair things would not spoil the fair fight. That will really make PK fun!

*Edit* Im just trying to say i never get to fight any1 round my own a/d anymore i was on for last NDD i didnt get any 1 PKed just got PKed 3 times, 2x by TooMass and 1x By Nahtepa, they both have a ~20-65 a/d range over me and i try to hold a fight just not possible, its a waste of GC for lower lvled a/d PKers now nowonder PK is dead.*edit*

wait, i killed pookies + his friend 1on2 as i had 30 a/d less before the attribute cap. i think the only thing u need is lessons how to fight, cause after attribute cap thats even easier now. ent implements stuff which makes pk easier for low levels and now u want more, god i dont get whats going on in ur heads :huh:

EDIT: corys, u suck. what about something constructive?

Edited by Tempest

I am not sure if I like the idea or not. If more max lvl arenas will be added and more on same place our good old KF will be used less, especially when it comes to ndd. This could make people stop feeling the desire of lvling, as for many people who fights at dpa. I am not sure El has enough people to split between too many different pk maps so that the result turns out good. And now when archery is comming more arenas would not be the best way to make it getting into pking, maybe if those arenas are made bigger so that you actually do earn on archery in there.

Greetings

Player-owned cities will be there eventually, and iirc according to the Blog, you could assault enemy cities. If you want to PK other people than just your friends, that might fulfill this suggestion.

You utterly don't understand the point of the suggestion.

@Tempest

Man... why are u so hung up on KF?

We're suggesting to put an unrestricted multi area in there... it'll be an exact equivalent to KF... whats the problem??

Level limited arenas ARE NOT BAD. They are good... not everyone wants to play a game where they have to train a spastic amount of hours before they can go and fight on a level playing field, and bringing them all together in 1 place is good, in fact, i have no doubt it would mean many many more big multi fights going on in the unrestricted area. Putting everyone near each other means when flaming breaks out if it's lots of newbier people against a couple of stronger ones, they are just steps away from an area they can goto and battle it out. So long as there's a storage NPC there they can even un-TS.

Why so afraid of change?

Even KF action did drop off a bit u could just goto PK city and no doubt find more concentrated PK action than ever before.

@BigkaV

I understand why your annoyed, but i dont at all agree with your suggested way of fixing it.

There needs to remain some unrestricted arenas on c1 in highly used places.

We're getting new c2 level based arenas in the update, screw this ":huh: omg u mean i gotta goto c2 to PK, no wayz" BS, c2 rings are cheap enough.

Edited by Korrode

@Tempest

Man... why are u so hung up on KF?

We're suggesting to put an unrestricted multi area in there... it'll be an exact equivalent to KF... whats the problem??

Level limited arenas ARE NOT BAD. They are good... not everyone wants to play a game where they have to train a spastic amount of hours before they can go and fight on a level playing field, and bringing them all together in 1 place is good, in fact, i have no doubt it would mean many many more big multi fights going on in the unrestricted area. Putting everyone near each other means when flaming breaks out if it's lots of newbier people against a couple of stronger ones, they are just steps away from an area they can goto and battle it out. So long as there's a storage NPC there they can even un-TS.

Why so afraid of change?

Even KF action did drop off a bit u could just goto PK city and no doubt find more concentrated PK action than ever before.

not rly hung up on KF. but others PKs except KF and NC are mostly empty so i use KF as an example :huh:

well, u dont think lvl restricted arenas aint bad, then please look at DP. high lvl people make alt chars to PK there cuz other pks are dead. they'r not bad?

PK is not meant to be made friendly for newbies, its a goddamn part of this game where u should have balls if u do it. you go into a pk arena to fight other peoples, not those at your levels, you should be able to pk everyone you want. there already are 2 lvl made arenas and thats enough cause basicly everyone from 40-80 a/d can go there. for the ones over 80 a/d theres only KF and thats good. and if those people dont have enough courage or skills for KF then they should get some instead of designing PK how they want it.

seriously, sometimes i wish all the old people like pookies would be unbanned... ok they broke the rules and thats not allowed for sure. but at least they were real pkers not some whiners and chickens making pk "safe" for themselves so they dont die as much.. just PATHETIC

about me beeing afraid of changes.. nah im not,, i'll still be playing happily even if ent would change the whole game. but im just annoyed by scared noobs trying to redesign PK to get advantages of not dieing that often anymore or having equal fights. it's not hard to kill people 20-30 lvls above ur a/d, if u see me fighting did u ever notice im mostly fighting people like ulubatli/vince/force/praswinia and so on? why? cause PK is fun and i can be proud if i kill one of them since they'r way above my lvls, im not standing there whining how unfair it is that 130-140 a/d people are fighting me, im trying every single shit to kill them.

OMFG!

This idea is shit.. Want to increase PK? Some simple things can do this..

1. Remove all PK maps/caves/places on C2, turn into a more Non-Fighting based C.

2. Make Tirnym (Spelling?) PK, or GP.

3. Remove the arena in Naralik.

4. Add a sort of PK day. (Not NDD.. Cant think of anything yet.)

5. Remove your Allies.

There are other things but you people need to learn about those yourself.

#Edit - Theres not even any main Branchers left, since I've been banned, LuciferX dosn't play, and Pookies is banned too.

Edited by Superman

2. That effectively goes against what both Temp and me are saying, we're both arguing to concentrate PK into less areas (just different ones), you're saying to spread it out further? yeah nah. :P

3. :huh: Um, the only thing Nara arena has ever been used for is the PK comps i hosted there... you either meant Desert Pines or have no idea.

some whiners and chickens making pk "safe" for themselves so they dont die as much.. just PATHETIC
I can only assume this isn't directed at Kad and me cause:

A. neither of us die easy in PK

B. We're both very active PK'ers (especially Kad).

See the difference is, i try and consider everyone, not just those of us that PK comes naturally to, like you, and me, and kad, and pookies, and liquid, etc.

Edited by Korrode

2. That effectively goes against what both Temp and me are saying, we're both arguing to concentrate PK into less areas (just different ones), you're saying to spread it out further? yeah nah. :P

3. :huh: Um, the only thing Nara arena has ever been used for is the PK comps i hosted there... you either meant Desert

Did you miss my first point? Removing every PK place in C2.

Why? Apart from contests its unused, if you wonna make another contest do it somewhere else, there are many other unused areana's in the game.

Did you miss my first point? Removing every PK place in C2.
But they're not used anyway.

Why? Apart from contests its unused, if you wonna make another contest do it somewhere else, there are many other unused areana's in the game.
Yeah... so... what difference will it make if that arena is left in or taken out... :huh: