Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kibora

Perception

The perception formula doesn't seem to be working very well. With light modifier 0 at day time the distance you can see at is 23 tiles. And at night with 31 perception i can see at the same distance (no light sources near by). But this is not the maximum perception you could have, it could be much more (31 perception = 48 reasoning, 14 instinct).

Wouldn't it be better if perception affects the day time visibility range as well?

The perception formula doesn't seem to be working very well. With light modifier 0 at day time the distance you can see at is 23 tiles. And at night with 31 perception i can see at the same distance (no light sources near by). But this is not the maximum perception you could have, it could be much more (31 perception = 48 reasoning, 14 instinct).

Wouldn't it be better if perception affects the day time visibility range as well?

Entropy specifically wantd it to only affect the range during the daytime. This is all serverside code as well. If Perceptions was changed to use the entire range, that would make too many people 'blind' at night as well

Yes, perception is ONLY for nightime use (for this purpose).

But it is also used for arrows and mines, and it's used at daytime too.

I think Florian meant that bags are/can-be visible from a greater range than actors at the same location.

I think Florian meant that bags are/can-be visible from a greater range than actors at the same location.

It also depends on what the actors are wearing, bags have a high visibility rating, so they can automatically be seen from a farther distance.

It also depends on what the actors are wearing, bags have a high visibility rating, so they can automatically be seen from a farther distance.

Obviously.

But the actor who sits on the bag (or the corpse) and the bag on the same tile should have the same visibility. Because the actor/corpse covers the bag ...

Edited by Florian