Guest MacNathan

NMT Auction

Guest MacNathan

Heya,

I'm selling NMT Cape.

Starting price is 320k gc

increasing price must be +5k

Buy it now price is 400k gc

And this auction will be closed on Sunday 16th of March at 10:00pm Eastern Standard Time.

I will accept: GC, Enriched Fire Esses(6.5kgc each), Rostogol Stones (16kgc each), Health Esses (5.5gc each)

If you want to make an offer pm me in game (MacNathan) or here.

Guest MacNathan

Recieved an ingame bid of 330kgc from player who wished to remain annonymous.

340kgc

My good friend flexus may place future bid(s) on my behalf when needed. -Just to let you know :confused:

Guest MacNathan

Auction over..need to resolve a last minute bidding issue between Euric and Flexus

im just courious what the others think:

what time should be used in a forum auction? for me its near its the forum time because not everyone has 100% the same time cuz not all ppl have a 200$-ultra-pr0 atomic-clock so that we all have exactly the same time or not all ppl are skilled enough to link their computer clock to a ntp-server (and if all ppl would be skilled enough, there are multiply servers with maybe also a bit different times)...

the problem here was that on eurics clock it was after 10pm but after mine and forums clock it wassnt...

Edited by flexus

well and if i just know what 10pm est is in my timezone? and i usually set my computer clock from time to time to a value out of the net so i dont see any need to look it up in the net... and still then there r couple sites for getting the time... what if they all r not exactly the same... u got what i mean? thats y for me its clear u use the forum time and if u dont have any opinion on that, plz dont spam around...

Edited by flexus

You use the clock of the person holding the auction, they can decide when it ends :P

Apart from that you can simply check with them if you're unsure.

easy enough to find a timezone converting site, just google "timezones" ;)

Apart from that you can simply check with them if you're unsure.

i did and he was my opinion

easy enough to find a timezone converting site, just google "timezones" :P

sorry but damit cant u guys read carefully? ;)

again i knew all the time what time 10pm est is in my timezone!!! and thats cuz i did google for timezones when i first read this thread and looked up what is the difference to utc-time from est and due to im not totaly stupid i can keep a 1-digit number in my head and can do a primary school calculation with the value of my local clock to get the time in est.

i just wanna know if u would go after forum time, ur watch or some website if its not exactly stated in the post (what i never saw in any auction...)

im asking this, cuz i was really pissed of that trouble i had in this auction and dont want it to happen again...

Guest MacNathan

Ok, here is the deal.

I live in the EST zone which is the same time zone as the Forums use. I selected the auction to end at 10pm EST to give bidders an idea of when it would close in reference to their local times. I did not intend to cause a crisis over this. From now on if I auction anything else i'm going to specify that bidding will end at XX:00 forum time and no bids will be accepted after that time to avoid this confusion.

Who knows, maybe I like to set my clock 5 min ahead of the U.S. government regulated atomic clock so that I won't be late.

What I need to go by is an acceptable reference, which I am going to call the time of the forum post. So, a post at 09:59 trumps a post at 09:58. Like it or not that is my decision and I'm sticking with it. ;)

I also should have incorporated the line that other experienced auctioneers use "If I'm not satisfied with the price or way the bidding is going I keep the option to cancel the auction and keep my St00f!" :D

I live in the EST zone which is the same time zone as the Forums use.

The forums are UTC+1 (+2 during DST) for me ;)

edit: had it the wrong way around :D

Edited by Ermabwed

well imo best is to say something like "auction ends in 24/48/72/...hours beginning from this post" cuz u can set the forums to a timezone...

but again im still really curious if other players think like euric, or like me and nathan...

well imo best is to say something like "auction ends in 24/48/72/...hours beginning from this post" cuz u can set the forums to a timezone...

but again im still really curious if other players think like euric, or like me and nathan...

i think

stop this shit and let nathan sell his nmt now to whoever of u both.

i think

stop this shit and let nathan sell his nmt now to whoever of u both.

i think

posti.gif

the nmt already gone to zenial iirc (i was bidding for her) and yes i know thats REALLY rediculous, i just want to know if u others r thinking like me there is kinda silent agreement that u go after forumtime cuz i really was surprised about eurics point of view... but due to i can (hardly) understand eurics point i wanted to have some other opinions cuz i never would arrogate to say my opinion is the one and only right one...

well but before this degenerates to a flame war or something like that and it seems that no1 really has an oppinion on that, maybe its best to follow ur advice tempest...

Edited by flexus

1) I agree with tempest.

2) When i am not logged onto the forums, the time is not the same time i see on my phone clock, therefore the default is not EST.

3) You can set what timezone you're in, so the 'forum time' is not necessarily the same for all.

Thank you for the NMT Cloak MacNathan.

First of all I'd like to say, this isn't eBay.

MacNathan did offer a "buy now" option and he was hosting the auction, therefor any decision made on this matter is his. Not all auctions of this forum have held a ending time, we should be grateful that MacNathan's did. The ending time should not be taken as a hard and fast rule (Otherwise we end up with these problems), but to give players a general idea.

Yes, as I clearly stated in my first post, Flexus was bidding on my behalf because I was unable to- which, if anyone had a problem with, I should have been confronted BEFORE Flexus won the cloak for me.

I was also told Radu was PM'ed shortly after the auction "Ended". After discussing this with teh God of all people. Surely there is no need to continue this discussion? If there is, PM me in-game and I'd be happy to discuss :omg:

-Zenial

PS - Don't worry people, there WILL be other NMTs :fire: