Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raytray

Bottom hud buttons

bottombar.png

Linux, kubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon.

Just updated.

My system specs are listed. (xchat script so not sure about info)

Distribution: Debian lenny/sid Kernel: 2.6.22-14-386 X.org: 1.3.0 KDE: 3.5.8 Qt: 3.3.7 VGA: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility 7000 IGP @ 1024x768/24 bpp/ Herz

Soundcard: ATI Technologies Inc IXP150 AC'97 Audio Controller CPU: Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2793.000 Mhz) CPU-Cache: 1024 KB RAM: 670 MB are used of whole 694 MB Networkstats: Down: 5.8 MB Up: 1.1 MB

Until recently, I could not change the resolution size without seg faulting. After the update, I can. However there's still the problem of the bottom bar buttons.

error_log.txt is as follows.

http://pastebin.com/m3fade8c4

edit:Also, I believe I saw this elsewhere, but hey, I never had this problem before and this isn't the main problem. But, the storage and maybe inventory item images are sometimes wrong and on mouse over, is replaced by the correct one. Like a frying pan image showed green snake skin.

edit: edit: Bottom of the hud somehow fixed itself. However, now the encyclopedia has the same problem. Only, with the images. Such as the images of the different potions.

Also: I get sudden lag spikes, which drop my fps and ignore key strokes. I'm assuming this isn't connection problem but just my cpu. However, this hasn't happened before. CPU usage is roughly the same. as is ram.

Edited by Raytray

You must have done something with your textures to have that hud/encyc. problem...i can email you the textures folder to put into your el directory...

If you are using a version of CVS that is more recent than 2 weeks old then you need to revert your client. There are protocol differences between the main and test servers and the RC client is only compatible with the test server.

It looks as though you have either texture corruption or simply the wrong textures being indexed. Off the top of my head I can't think of why this would be but there are some large changes happening at the moment and if you could test the client around the time of RC3 (in a couple of days) that would be helpful.

/edit: I have no idea how I quoted it. :-P

Edited by Torg

The most common causes of problems like this are bad video drives, or missing texture files. The font texture is texture 0, so an error sometimes will use it. If you were a window user, I would have said the problem is in the drivers for sure. It's a little bit more complicated to isolate under Linux.

Well unless EL was in the repo, I didn't update EL. And I am pretty sure my video drivers are up to date.

Ug, the bottom hud bar problem reappeared again. So I suppose I did something that was only temporary to 'fix' that problem yesterday. (I didn't do anything and it "fixed" itself)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this