Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Polemistis

Crafting and harvesting

Guest Polemistis

It would be nice to have more magic rings (except teleport rings or rings of distruction), high level craft

I was thinking of magic rings (one use only) that gave the bemefit of a perk like careful guy or self destruction.

Also i think that resources of metal or crystals should run out at some point and appear at new places .

(ex. silver running out at mm and iron appearing at its place etc)This would give the oppurtunity to players to adventure at new maps

Thank u all for reading it :)

I think more rings that when used had special effects, would be cool. But imho not perks. Thats kinda for cloaks.

As for resources running out... by this point, it would be too damageing to the economy and general game to actually make anything more fun or interesting.

And I beleive has been suggested before :)

~kGn

I'm interested in how resources running out temporarily and respawning elsewhere would ruin the economy?

I think it would be cool if only a fraction of the resources worked at once. Say you have 20 or 30 of those silver ore stone objects at a location. on the server side, does each stone have it's own id? if so, you could make each stone 'Run out' independantly, and when it does, a different stone gets re-activated elsewhere, possibly even on a different continent.

if everyone uses MM all the time, those ore objects would always be running out, and would entice people to use other resources elsewhere, spreading out the balance of closest to storage against chance of it running out because of the 'harvesting traffic' in the area.

Also i think that resources of metal or crystals should run out at some point

I think there is something like that in "Other-Life"

Yeah, there is;

Quote from other life forums, Progress Report 6-26-06;
*Harvestable objects on the maps can wear out!

I'm interested in how resources running out temporarily and respawning elsewhere would ruin the economy?

Because you cant harvest items at the same spot all the time, gotta move around, so less items getting stored in storage, make harvestibles more expensive. However, the way you discribed it made alot more sense, and probably wouldn't have a very big affect on the economy. I guess the oringinal post made me get a different picture in my head.

*opinion still remains same*

~kGn

Damage economy?? The economy is not working right now in el...so it cant be damaged. This way it would improve as i think. If the harvestable would wear out, and respawn at other places, this way the items would made would be rarer, but it would be market for them, and for the raw matterials too. because the high level mixers would buy the ingreedients from the harvers because to much time to run after them...And this way the making price of an item would not be less then the price of the ingreedients...That is right that it would take much more time to make mass production, but is it playing this game about mass production???

Maybe only some low level ingreedients for starting some skills should be only non wear out...to not make the new comers impossible to start.

Troger

I agree with Troger. It would get people exploring to find more places to harvest, increase cooperation -- hiring guards or mules -- to cover distances between resource and storage, make harvester/miner a real career with either cooperation or competition involved, increase traffic between lands and continents, and add more realism to the game.

Except that the price of ingredients just went up due to being harder to collect. and also less gc in game overall, since there is less stuff to sell to NPCs.

There is plenty of reason to visit most maps in the game. sometimes the reason is harder to find, involves monsters/PK etc, but virtually all maps have SOMETHING worthwhile to find that sets them apart, you just gotta somehow find the goodies :rolleyes:

Another factor worth remembering - this change would make it much harder to level in any given skill, so those who already have the skills would be very hard to catch. YES the game *is* about mass production, since that is the ONLY way to level

Edited by sadarar

Except that the price of ingredients just went up due to being harder to collect. and also less gc in game overall, since there is less stuff to sell to NPCs.

And this would make the game even mmorpger then it is now, more interaction woth other players, final products sold with profit to other players. It is not about selling to npc billions of blue lupins, or moonmedallions or leather helms.

That is right that the advanced players would be almost imposible to catch.

Troger