Eternal Lands Official Forums
PatrickBoschalk

Cant connect to server :( [SOLVED]

!!!WARNING!!!

Make a backup of this file, before messing with it. In case it gets corrupted, the game might

not start at all, etc.  ( <= I think thats my problem)

Login settings:

#server_address = game.eternal-lands.com

#server_port = 2000 

Why cant I connect to EL ?

needtoknow@laptop-laptop:~$ telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000

Trying 62.93.225.47...

Connected to game.eternal-lands.com.

Escape character is '^]'.

u�Hi, and welcome to Eternal Lands! If you're new to the game and need help, please read the newbie helper guides on the main website. If you would rather learn by doing, talk to the Tutorial NPC, which is at the start point. In addition to that, you can type #help_me and your question to get a live response if there are helpers online. Click on the screen to continue!

<�;iS

I can telnet into it....

Edited by PatrickBoschalk

If you are on linux, the el.ini that you need to edit is in /home/username/.elc/ not the one in EL installation folder;

try to put this in the el.ini (remove the # from the other #server_address line)

#server_address = 62.93.225.47

If you are on linux, the el.ini that you need to edit is in /home/username/.elc/ not the one in EL installation folder;

try to put this in the el.ini (remove the # from the other #server_address line)

#server_address = 62.93.225.47

It didnt have to do with the dns it had to do with the config in .elc

it was set to port 200 :P anyways I think el.cfg should be in the data dir of el

it would be nice

Oh and thanks so much.

Edited by PatrickBoschalk

No, it shouldn't, because that would require that every user must have write permissions to the data directory of EL, instead of just to their home folder (and subdirectories).

Edited by freeone3000

No, it shouldn't, because that would require that every user must have write permissions to the data directory of EL, instead of just to their home folder (and subdirectories).

It should be like this:

first, the client looks for el.ini in the current directory

2nd, in ~./elc

3rd, in the data directory

So you could have a local environment for every user (if thats wanted) to test things like test/prod server or whatever, with local el.ini's somewhere. Plus a *global* one for every user in ~./elc and finally, the default one in the data directory.

But that becomes then a little bit offtopic for help me forum :icon13:

Good to hear, that Patrick found that stupid port 200 and is back in game :blush:

If you want to suggest something about that, use the suggestions forum plz.

Happy gaming :(

Piper