Eternal Lands Official Forums
Visvate

Counter bug

h4x.png

Picture tells more than 1000 words. Session time is correct, exp is messed up.

EDIT: CVS client, compiled 31.8

-Vis

Edited by Visvate

-Vis

Were the counters OK when you started the client? If so do you know what you were doing when they got messed up? Was there anything in the error_log.txt file? Were the item counters OK?

Edited by bluap

-Vis

Were the counters OK when you started the client? If so do you know what you were doing when they got messed up? Was there anything in the error_log.txt file? Were the item counters OK?

Item counters were ok, that was first time i checked counters, but after restarting client it was normal. Nothing in errorlog that hasn't been there before. I was on test server earlier and when it crashed i didn't restart client, but just changed the port and reconnected. Messed exp seems to be everything that I have done since I lost my counters some time ago (I think)

-Vis

... I was on test server earlier and when it crashed i didn't restart client, but just changed the port and reconnected.....

Ah! The weird numbers are actually the difference between your start stats on the test server and your current stats on the proper server. When you reconnect, the session stats are preserved - normally fine and what you'd want on the same server. But not so good if you switch servers. I've submitted a patch to only preserve your session stats if the server name and port are the same after the reconnect. That fixed it for me. I tested this by disconnecting my network cable so I grued. I hope no-one thought I was up to no good gruing and switching servers lots and using a non CVS client briefly on the main server but there was no other way :P