Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest imak

can some help me on enternal

Guest imak

plz help im a noob pm me on jackbellows weekends only :oops: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

what is it u need help with, coz most of the information u need to know is printed in the el manuals on the main site, i highly recommend u read those and then if yr stuck ask questions and im sure ppl will b there to answer them :D

I must admit that I'm lost as well. You say 'manuals' - but all I can find are some pages that seem to assume too much! :-)

I'd like to 1) Get a full screen appearance with decent frame rate. I have a Matrox G450 on a PIII 600. This has been plenty good enough for things like Black & White. glinfo claims 1.1.3 - but I thought that matrox supported opengl fully? I have updated the drivers to the latest.

I also have dual-head - but this seems to break the system completely if on.

2) find some beginners manuals. eg: How do I choose a charatcter - when I joined there seemed to be no choice!

3) why does it say no maps? Are the maps not available yet?

Harry.

1) dunno about the card, but you could try turning off shadows, and things, maybe even set the poor man's option. If you're using windows, you can use ELConfig.exe, otherwise you'll have to edit the configuration file el.ini. Don't worry, it's well documented.

2) When you first start the game, click the "Create new character" button. If you're not using the hardware accleration of your card, choosing different options may be slow, but it is possible to change the appearance of your character. Fill in the name and password you desire, and when you're done click..."Done", I guess.

3) heh? When does it say "no maps"? I don't understand whaty you mean here.

When entering most caverns/dungeons there are no maps.

Catacombs in Naralik, Underworld, Titanium mine in Portland etc. have no maps.

There is no official map for the Crystal Caverns in Desert Pines either, but most players use the players map created by rolan4 and available on Alstria's site - el.owns.it

She has a zipped mappack available on here http://www.blackholeofinsanity.com/el/maps.htm

Unzip/extract them, then copy ALL the contents to yor el/maps folder. There is a hidden file called thumbs.db (65K approx) which you must include. Just replace all the maps in the offical folder with Alastria's.

oooooohhh....I understand now.

That there are no (official) maps for these places is intentional. It adds to the fun of the game: walk into the Crystal Caverns, take a few turns, and then spend a couple of weeks trying to find the exit again. :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this