Eternal Lands Official Forums
Grogan

AOL screenie

I have had this problem ever since I started EL...I have an AOL screename; If you're familiar with the types, I have a 'young teen' one. To play EL, I always bugged my mother to sign onto her 'general' screenie so EL could work. If I clicked EL on the desktop after signing on to MY screename, the server wouldn't connect...

PS...I don't have a firewall to block it

AOL must have a firewall or some other port blocking utility for restriction on less privileged accounts.

(My best advice is to ditch the AOL crap and go to DSL/Cable, save yourself a lot of headache, a bit of cash, and it'll be about fifty times as fast.)

Edited by freeone3000

well your mother must have blocked this privledge on your screename so ask your mom to go into her screenname and go to keyword: parental control and change yours for young teen to general:)

well your mother must have blocked this privledge on your screename so ask your mom to go into her screenname and go to keyword: parental control and change yours for young teen to general:)

Oh that would never happen...she's paranoid something will happen...AOL by default blocks the EL website and she unlocked that, but I still can't log into the game.

Oh that would never happen...she's paranoid something will happen...AOL by default blocks the EL website and she unlocked that, but I still can't log into the game.

not neccesarly i have aol screenname and it took me awhile to find out why but its something that you download for el that aol blocks so fif you raise yours form young teen to mature teen im positive it will work

Okay, I'm gonna have to persuade her then.....What exactly does AOL block during the download? Maybe I can mess with it in my EL file providing someone holds my hand through it :icon13:

Possibly two things. game.eternal-lands.com, which is stupid, but highly probable, and port 2000, less stupid since there's a genuine (albeit unlikely) threat there, and also highly probable. However, they could also block port 2001, just because they can.

Seriously, having limited internet access throws out way too many things for you to be able to get around.

hehe yeah...I HATE AOL, especially since we switched to a cheaper plan. They make life harder. But thats a diff story. Um...How can I free up those things?

hehe yeah...I HATE AOL, especially since we switched to a cheaper plan. They make life harder. But thats a diff story. Um...How can I free up those things?

well you must ask your mom to change your age from young teen to mature teen the same thing happen to me then i think you can log in . :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.