Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grogan

How'd you do it

Hey everybody, how do you make those siggys with your name in it? I'm not all that techy, and sorry if this is a bad forum to post this in...

I know...I want to make one myself...People have said to use photobucket for some things...Can I use photobucket to make a siggy like that?

Photobucket is an image host. First you need to created the image file, then upload it (on a service like photobucket) and you will get a URL. Then you go to your settings and then your signature. You click on the tree picture icon and enter the URL of the image.

Photobucket is what you use to move your image from your computer to the internet. PhotoSHOP is something you use to create the image from various components.

Photoshop comes in several variants, ranging up to 3,000 dollar software. Photoshop elements is a simple version, easy to use and effective.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

check it out :evilgrin:

Hmmm...I'm on a diff computer than usual; I'm at my dad's place and I'm usually at my mother's...The computer there has Paintshop Pro, but i'm no where near techy enough to us that...And how do I get my name into an image? Use a word processor?

PaintShop Pro has a text tool. You can create the entire sig image using paintshop pro. There are tutorials on the internet that will teach you how to get started with psp so you'll need to do some searching.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=...als&spell=1

imo, I like photoshop best, but whatever you can get your hands on.

Practice a lot, I used to be severly LAME on designing, now I am not so bad.

Try experimenting after reading up on the tours, it will help you get to know the tools better.

My favorite effect/tool is the pattern overlay :P I am not sure if it's called that in PSP, but that's what it's called in Photoshop.

GIMP is free and has a lot of the functionality of PhotoShop. I actually use it instead of PS even though I own a PS license. There are also a lot of GIMP tutorials

Can I use Gimp with Windows ME? And 128 Mb of RAM? Cause my comp is running like a hamster on a wheel. Do I need to download it or is it an online editor?

You gotta download GIMP, I believe it is an actual application rather

than an online editor. I'm sure it will run on your system, as there are

tons of 'designers' out there running GIMP on their hamster cages.

Photoshop has a bit of a learning curve, but is ridiculously fast once you

get the hang of how it works. This has taken some about a month, and

others are still learning the nuances three years later. Either way, if you

get it, check out pixel2life, or Good Tutorials to find all those pre-cooked,

design-in-a-can tutorials.

There should also be tutorials for GIMP at these sites as well.

Okay, I made one in Psp, and it doesn't look that bad to me, (feel free to comment once I can get it here) Photobucket gave me, like, 4 URLs to copy/past...which do I use?

Okay, I uploaded it...But...it's...HUGE

Edited by Grogan

there's a rezise option in all of those progs... use it to rezise your picture to max 400px width or 100 px height (or whatever the restrictions are for siggy sizes...), but make sure you save it with a different name than your original...

upload the resized again :)