Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

The EL Gala--Final Details!

For taking screenshots, use ctrl+p and it will be saved (the old printscreen method was required for the official windows release until 1.4; but it's very poor in comparison). EL will automatically save the screenshot in, by default on windows,

C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\screenshots\

or in ~/.elc/screenshots/ on *nix, and similar on OSX if it's set up.

Edited by ttlanhil

I really wanted to attend but unfortunately I could not make it. Sounds like it was great though, hope something like this happens again soon!

hope something like this happens again soon!

'first annual high society gala' hopefully the title annual will ring true :) Lumino even already has some ideas for next year, so for now.... a year in advanced we plan on having another gala next year. But a lot can change in a year, and who knows maybe we can't all wait that long :)

I vote every 6 months :) I couldn't wait a year!

I'm still hoping this will be every EL year rather than RL year (which would make it roughly every 3 months) :)

Its a lot of work to host a huge party like that, I was stressed out, and Lumino did most of the work :)

Every three months is a little to often I think, it also will start to loose its specialness if we have it to often, maybe twice a year would be fun though :P once in the summer, and once in the winter. Well, we can see what Lumi thinks when he gets back from vacation :P its his event, he started it.

Its a lot of work to host a huge party like that, I was stressed out, and Lumino did most of the work :confused:

Every three months is a little to often I think, it also will start to loose its specialness if we have it to often, maybe twice a year would be fun though ;) once in the summer, and once in the winter. Well, we can see what Lumi thinks when he gets back from vacation ;) its his event, he started it.

Yes we could do a Seasonal celebration (like Christmas) in thw winter, would make about 6 months :D (well.. a LITTLE less).

Well, I'm back....early. Too early. Went to Montreal for a few days, and on the way to Niagara, something blew and smoke started coming out of the air conditioner and we had to go home. :( Oh well, it was fun anyways and now I get to play EL again :P As far as the 6 months thing...hehe...I'd be all for it. :D A year is so very long to wait. But that's no promise, it's hard to work out. In addition, the Gala will be every summer in mid-July every year, the winter thing would be a totally different celebration; like the Annual Winter Festival or the Annual Snowflake Ball or something like that. Two different events, but that way there is one every 6 months. I'll talk with the planning committee and we will see if it's going to work out :blush: Thanks for the idea and the support everyone!

Lumino

**jumps for joy* THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I would kiss you, but errm... I don't wanna make a certain guy jealous! :P

**jumps for joy* THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I would kiss you, but errm... I don't wanna make a certain guy jealous! :D

Heehee. Did you enjoy it all that much? :P Well I certainly think we can make this happen, especially when people are excited about it.

Lum

Heehee. Did you enjoy it all that much? :P Well I certainly think we can make this happen, especially when people are excited about it.

Lum

Course I did! I loved the Fireworks best, but I think everyone did. I had a blast, and met some nice people at the Gala.

And while the Masked ball was going on, I watched a few people play Tag, that was hilarious to watch!

If there is a Masked ball next time, though, I am going to it, I didn't understand the rules until it happened. So I will be ready next time (if there is one)!