Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Puntif

map walk computation in new client

I'm noticing with the new client that some map walk computations seem to take a very long time from the time I click on the map until the client places the red "X" on the map and unfreezes. I notice this particularly on long walks across large maps like White Stone and Irinveron.

System specs: dual Xeon 2.4 MHz, linux kernel compiled with SMP support, XFree86 4.3, Nvidia GeForce FX 5700, using compiled CVS (no eyecandy).

I have noticed this too. It used to be an instant X when you clicked on the map. Now it can sometimes pause 1-2 seconds.

was happening with CVS client built before update too (file modification stamp shows 11th of may :P ), if that helps trace the offending code :D

i see this same type of thing in client after update, CVS built of today

Are you using the fuzzy paths define?

Also, the time differs on each map. Bigger maps take longer, maze like maps also take longer.

Are you using the fuzzy paths define?

Also, the time differs on each map. Bigger maps take longer, maze like maps also take longer.

Yes my make.conf contains:

FEATURES += FUZZY_PATHS					 # Makes Tab Map walking not always follow exaclty the same path

Is thiat a new option?

It is the longest and maziest trips where I notice the long times. The time is much longer than I was used to with the previous client. I don't remember whether I was using the static client or a cvs compile . . .

FEATURES += FUZZY_PATHS					 # Makes Tab Map walking not always follow exaclty the same path

Is thiat a new option?

Yes, that is a new option. Afaik its still in development and hence probably hasn't been as tuned as it could be. I'm sure Learner will be working on it and improving its speed over time.