Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sufi

clicking on a window outside the game

When I have a window open for another program and I click on it, I stop harvesting...EVERY time :icon13:

Also, when I click on a button on my task bar to bring up my browser, or any other open program, when I return to the EL screen, I have a random window open.

Sorry, ok...relogging *seems* to have solved both problems...I'll keep my eyes open :)

Edited by sufi

If I click outside the EL window, the client seems to apply the mouse click to the nearest action on the EL window. So far, since starting play today, I have had the stats window come up multiple times, and my character has tried to walk to a different area on the screen. I have been told my position on the map a lot, as well. :| If I bring up another program from the tool bar, it does not immediately take the focus away from EL. I had this problem with the client version 1.33, and I am currently running the client version 1.4.

I just noticed something else that may help to trace this one...

When my mouse cursor is in the frame around the active part of the window (in the brown woodgrain bit, including the HUD), the walking cursor is displayed. It changes to an arrowhead or hand when hovering over items (for eating etc). Also, when the cursor is _just_ outside the EL window (by one or two pixels), the walking cursor is displayed.

Edited by KeiraOwl

one of the things i really hate...

especially when i sit down and go onto the the IE lol...

usually consle mode helps keep out of place

be nice if someone can help stop this :confused: lol

I noticed that before update too, seems a problem with cvs. Didn't realize it was a bug though :icon13:

Console mode will avoid the "You stopped Harvesting", and a relog should fix the whole issue.

EDIT: if it might be of any help to the coders, i noticed it when :

Client had been running a long time

EL window had been moved

EL window resolution had been changed

Not everytime though, and not always :confused:

Edited by 2coolfool

When I have a window open for another program and I click on it, I stop harvesting...EVERY time :)

Also, when I click on a button on my task bar to bring up my browser, or any other open program, when I return to the EL screen, I have a random window open.

I know someone who had very similar problems clicking outside of the EL window- with a few more bizarre symptoms as well. She updated her GeForce/nVidia drivers, and it all cleared up.

scaf