Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Landon

Beware of Rimen

Guest Landon

I was in Nordcarn hunting when Rimen asked me to come with him into Southern Kilaran. He said he wanted to show me something. I followed him til he led me into a cyclops. Once I died he took my death bag and would not answer any of my PMs. Beware so this does not happen to you as well.

Ok, rimen contacted me in NC sto around the same date via pm and asked me to come to SKF with him as well.

I had pickaxe and col on only, having been mining for exp. So i followed him wondering what he was wanting, and on the way he asked if i could kill trolls. I told him i could and assumed he wanted a DB rescuing which I was more than happy to help with.

I threw on an mm cape to make sure the clops didnt kill me and followed him into SKF, and up to the summonary there. He asked me to go inside. At this point I had decided to myself this was a pk scam and he was planning to use the sword he was carrying to get hold of the col i had on, so i told him i wasnt going in because it was a pk area in the summons part. He replied thanx for telling him and that he didnt know.

I then searched on outlaws to see if anything had cropped up and found Heu had posted on Rimens behalf in here, so chatted to Heu about rimen to check out the guys background. After the chat with Heu I was feeling pretty satisfied at the time that Rimen may not have known about the summonary being pk and therefore put the whole incident down to him being simply a new player.

It seems from this thread that was a wrong assumption and I gave Rimen the benefit of the doubt when I should have posted teh bugger up as an outlaw. For that mistake, I apologise to you Landon, as it may have saved you from getting killed if I had posted Rimen here at the time.

I am now posting this in the hopes that I can ensure Rimen does not get away with pulling this crap on anyone else.

Happy to provide chatlog excerpts if requested but I have covered the details pretty much fully in this post.

*EDIT: Rimen is in LUSO guild, I will be contacting the guild leader next time I am ingame and pointing them to this thread. I am also banning him from using the ACE tradebot.

Edited by Pyewacket

During the summer (winter in the north hemisphere) I was on vacations, so I didn't play EL for about 3 months. Rimen started playing in the mean time, so I can't tell how new he was to the game, but it couldn't be older than 4 months.

When PYEwacket contacted me asking about rimen, I told him I didn't know the guy very well, that I had only talked a couple times with him at the Portuguese channel (#500) but, as he was a new player, I believed he was telling the truth when he said that he didn't know about the arena being PK. Looks like I was wrong afterall.

But it looks like Rimen stopped playing a couple days ago (exactly on that same day of the issue with Landon, I believe). He complained on the Portuguese channel about being robbed and that he wouldn't play anymore. What goes around, comes around. He got what he deserved and hope he doesn't come back.

Anyway, beware Rimen.

Ok, after talking to some people that knew Rimen better than me, I found out he wasn't that new to the game. He had several chars before and, everytime he would do something stupid (like this), he would create another one.

Some of his chars, that I could find out, were named:

Rimen, _matheus_, rox_br and _warrior_

<edit>

Isn't it time to learn how to edit your own posts?

~Anshar