Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Meldread

New Perk Ideas

Positive Perks:

Troll's Regeneration

8 Perk Points, 10,000 Gold

You recover from physical wounds quickly, as if you had troll's blood. You gain +5 Material Points instead of +1 each regenerative cycle. (Stacks with Fast Regeneration.)

Arch-Wizard's Brilliance

8 Perk Points, 10,000 Gold

You have the brilliant mind of an Arch-Wizard, allowing you to recover your Ethereal Points more quickly. You gain +5 Ethereal Points instead of +1 each regenerative cycle. (Stacks with Fast Regeneration.)

Coward's Heart

5 Perk Points

You are exceptionally cowardly, but through this you have learned to increase your chances of survival - you know when to flee and when to fight. You receive a 10% bonus on your chance to flee combat.

Stunning Strike

3 Perk Points, 250 Gold

You are well versed in the arts of hand to hand combat, and know where to strike where it hurts the most. Whenever you fight with your hands you have the ability to temporarily stun your opponent for five seconds.

Negative Perks:

Vulnerability

-15 Perk Points, 20,000 Gold

The gods have lifted their protective shield from you. You now gain 20% more experience for all skills, but are subject to attack by other players who have also become vulnerable on all maps aside from the Underworld and Isla Prima. Those who assist you (by casting beneficial spells on you) will find themselves vulnerable as well for 1 Hour. You can pick out players who have this perk through their yellow names. (This negative perk functions like the guild war function, but instead you are subject to being attacked by others who have also chosen this perk.)

Foolishly Brave

-5 Perk Points

You are foolishly brave, and can never allow yourself to flee from combat. (Disengagement Rings also cease to function.)

Path of the Anti-Mage

-10 Perk Points

You resent magic spells and think they are an abomination. (You can no longer cast magic spells.)

Edited by Meldread

Fast Runner

8 Perk Points, 1,000 Gold

You are a naturally fast runner and you move 10% faster than normal.

this, right here, means your suggestions as a whole will probably be ignored.

it may be silly to tell you to search to find out why, since, if you'd followed the rules about posting here, you'd already have searched...

but go find out why.

Guest BizieR
Vulnerability

The gods have lifted their protective shield from you. You now gain 20% more experience for all skills, but are subject to attack by other players who have also become vulnerable on all maps aside from the Underworld and Isla Prima. Those who assist you (by casting beneficial spells on you) will find themselves vulnerable as well for 1 Hour. You can pick out players who have this perk through their yellow names. (This negative perk functions like the guild war function, but instead you are subject to being attacked by others who have also chosen this perk.)

This negative perk is too powerful and it gives too many pickpoints for its "negative effects". This would be too much a big advantage for HL fighters cuz they can also take godless perk too for a total of 23 pickpoints while still getting 20% increase not only in a/d but all skills - they'd also probably love to be pk-able outside pk maps.

This will turn out to be another fighter advantaging negative perk as no mixer will want to be pk'able, the 20% increase in all skills would be tempting tho :omg::D

I'd say, keep it simple: vulnerability perk = your name is red, you are pkable, at a certain point cost which would probably be less than 15. No benefits such as extra XP, the benefit is in the pp.

Vulnerability

This negative perk is too powerful and it gives too many pickpoints for its "negative effects". This would be too much a big advantage for HL fighters cuz they can also take godless perk too for a total of 23 pickpoints while still getting 20% increase not only in a/d but all skills - they'd also probably love to be pk-able outside pk maps.

This will turn out to be another fighter advantaging negative perk as no mixer will want to be pk'able, the 20% increase in all skills would be tempting tho :omg::D

I realy like that one, but it should prolly be more like ~7 pp w/o the exp bonus. :)

Keeping in line with the other negative perks, I don't think any negative perk should have a positive effect (i.e. no exp. for Vulnerability). I'm also not so sure that Vulnerability would be that negative. Some people think of being PKable as a positive thing because it means easy training. Plus, they can camp at a storage and wait for all the newbs to misclick them and die so they can take their stuff.

Well I created the negative Vulnerability perk in response to some of the other threads that I saw, the ones where people say that there is not enough people to PK.

I figured that a perk that gave strong tangible benefits would encourage high level people to take it. A 20% increase to skills (like worshiping a deity), that could potentially stack with the exp bonus granted by a deity (for a 40% increase to a skill), that also gave a large number of pick points would encourage people to take it.

The downside, though, is huge - considering that you would have to constantly watch your back. That there would be other players who have chosen the perk (PKers) walking across the maps looking for people to attack.

So it grants large benefits with a huge and significant drawback.

Keeping in line with the other negative perks, I don't think any negative perk should have a positive effect (i.e. no exp. for Vulnerability).

Negative Perks already give positive effects - they give you more perk points to spend. That is why you take them. It also costs 20k gold to purchase, so in effect a newbie can't really be tricked into taking the perk unless he really wanted it.

I imagine those who would want this perk would be those who want it for the experience. I think it should be a "tempting" perk - so that more people take it.

Role-play wise you can look at it this way: When the gods are protecting you from harm (from other players) it stunts your growth (XP Gain). It doesn't allow you to live up to your full potential.

*shrugs* It might give too much XP, but generally speaking it was an idea to boost the number of people who are PK-able. The PK areas are easy to avoid, and there is little reason to go through them, and if you have to go through them - then you prepare ahead of time. In this situation you could be attacked anywhere, at any time. You risk losing everything that you have on your character. It seems like the perk would need a large positive to counter balance the large draw back.

Outlaw's Perk

13 Perk Points, 1,000,000 Gold

Due to your intention to steal, scam, and otherwise make a players experience as unpleasant as possible, you crave annonimity. Forum posts containing your name will be deleted immediately.

You may be interested in the discussion on thePositive Perks topic; there is a discussion there on scaling the effects of some perks by OA level (good or bad); this would make the Regeneration and Brilliance perks equivalent to Fast Regeneration for a higher level character.

Coward's Heart is probably okay. It shouldn't be combinable with certain fighter-centric perks though.

Stunning Strike; we don't need to encourage open-hand combat at the moment. Rather, we need to find ways to adjust the combat system to encourage the use of weapons more.

Vunerability is not a good idea, as pointed out this is a win-win perk for a lot of fighters.

Foolishly Brave is a nice one though, it could be called Berserker.

Path gives too many pick points. Generally, pick points are a lot more valuable than you may think; especially negative perks when you compare to the value of a pick point at higher levels.

Please avoid invoking the gods to provide a RP explaination for things; its basically a lazy last resort.

Personally, I would prefer to see more smaller perks, worth +/-1PP, with minor effects, rather than the bigger ones people seem fond of suggesting. This would give a richer range of characters, as minor effects can combine and interact in, occasionally, unexpected ways :)

Keeping in line with the other negative perks, I don't think any negative perk should have a positive effect (i.e. no exp. for Vulnerability).

Negative Perks already give positive effects - they give you more perk points to spend. That is why you take them.

I was talking about the direct effects of the perk, not the pickpoints. If you look at all the other negative perks, none of them have good direct effects.

stuff

Seeing as how the trolls in this game do not regenerate, Troll's regeneration (and its counterpart Arch Wizards Brilliance as there are no true wizards in this game save for a few). Should be scraped and just included in the Fast Regen perk thats scalable with OA (See other thread).

Cowards heart can easily be negated by diss rings which therefore means...its a 5 pp waster. Maybe make it a 2 pp and people could get it.

Stunning Strike seems like a good idea but hand-to-hand combat is only used in PvP and PvM. If you're PvP it can get dangerous (you stun your opponent he/she can't heal = dead), and in PvM if you stun your monster/animal you don't get def exp for a couple of rounds! So this has now turned into a bad perk - maybe it can be tweaked.

Vulnerability can be exploited. See above comments by other users.

Foolishly Brave Not bad suggestion! Reminds of the other suggested Brave Man perk from the other thread...

Path of the Anti Mage This is a good idea, like the "Foolishly Brave" this really does seem like a negative perk (not a positive perk in disguise)