Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crusadingknight

Spell preparation: Do you like it or not?! READ THIS.

Do you want spell preparation?  

1. 1. Do you want spell preparation?

• No
    • Why the limit?

This idea has been rolling around in my head for a while now, but isn't quite smoothed out. Bear with me.

-the idea :idea: : a limited quantitiy of spells in battle

-the implementation idea :idea: : To be able to prepare 1 spell outside of battle, say there being a new button, "Prepare" to go with "Cast". This spell is transferred to a box, which the player can cast in-battle. If the person prepares another spell after preparing the first, the original disappears...this means you would have to plan with care.

The reason I say limit ONE prepared spell is because battles go so fast now that 2 would be too many, and as well it would be a little unfair if you could just go casting spells regardless.

:!: -What do you think?

i like it!

magic would be more strategic and stuff. and you still wouldnt be able to like cast it 300000 consecutively during a battle like in rs

Not only that, but it looks like it would be easy enough to implement...

what your saying is that its cast but the effect is delayed?

i recall making a post like this on the old forum and allmost got my head shot of by entropy...

but i like it, alltho i would like to up the number to 3, that way you can stack maybe 3 healers or 1 armor and 2 healers or whatever...

there is one problem tho, and that is the fact that entropy dont want us to use magic in combat. only before or after combat...

we are having a logical loop here :P

im fully aware that the magic system needs work but i dont feel like pestering entropy with it for the time being. he have better things to do...

What i'm talking about is more of a strategic system: You have to choose ONE spell out of combat to prepare...and say it uses the reagents then and there, so if you replace it, you lose everything you used to prepare it...personally, I don't like spell casting as-seen-in-Runescape, where you CAST in battle.

If You think this is repetitive, then I'll delete this post :?

What i'm talking about is more of a strategic system: You have to choose ONE spell out of combat to prepare...and say it uses the reagents then and there, so if you replace it, you lose everything you used to prepare it...personally, I don't like spell casting as-seen-in-Runescape, where you CAST in battle. come to think of it, maybe he could compromise here?

If You think this is repetitive, then I'll delete this post :?

i dont have the power to delete anything on this forum...

alltho i wish as you made a double post...

i understand what you want but the problem right now is that combat is over to fast for any strategic or tactical moves. most of the time if your fighting something at your level you will be franticly clicking on potions in your inventory to stay alive...

Sorry about the double post...Wierd, I only clicked once, and no delete button.

Well, the castiing would be like clicking potions, but right you are. Maybe in a month or 2 we can think of something, when this is more advanced.

OOO I really like this idea but I say a limit of 2 so you could maybe use like a fire and than heal or a shield than a fire or something like that cuz if it was 3 u could use shield fire than heal (pretty cheap)

I like that...but this isn't even considerable until/if combat is slowed down :?

Makes little sense I must say. If a mage in ARIL (a real imaginary life) wanted to fight a monster they would not only cast 1 spell and then not cast again even if its needed. MMORPGs represent real fantasy worlds that you play a part in. I in fact hate this idea, magic is fine as is OTHER than essences and the uber cheap sigils