Eternal Lands Official Forums
Llywar

Intermediate Animals

I'm still a relative newbie, and I just wanted to share a few observations about leveling.

Leveling alch is very straightforward - you can make profit on just about everything, and there is a new item to alch about every two levels or so. This lets me steadily invest in nexuses and books while leveling the skill progressively. There aren't places to stall short of level 30+ where you're getting 30 xp with a lot of time investment trying to go from level 20-21 or something like that. Instead, as you gain levels you can switch to higher-xp items to alch and keep making steady progress.

Leveling manuf is also somewhat straightforward, although much more expensive. Won't say much about this since I think it is a known issue and seems to be talked to death.

Leveling a/d doesn't seem to be very straightforward. There are fairly progressive animals up to wolves or so that you can gain xp on. However, wolves are not common and the spawns tend to be pretty heavily camped (often by high-level chars that seem to be working the fur trade, or maybe gathering rawmats for summoning or something). You need to kill a lot of wolves to get to the point where you can start taking on skeletons and goblins, and this isn't easy when there are 8 people pacing around the wolf spawns. Maybe a suggestion might be to add some more mid-level animals and spread them out across many maps so that they can have a life expectancy of more than 5 seconds.

Ideally somebody starting out should be able to have some idea of what they can work on next. And you need lots of intermediate levels so that you can increase your xp-gain as you level.

Actually there are quite a few locations with what you describe as "mid-level animals". Explore the world and you will find places less crowded than the wolf forest in the Valley of the Dwarves.

Explore the world and you will find places less crowded than the wolf forest in the Valley of the Dwarves.

its true, when i want wolf furs i never go to votd, there is a place with lots of wolves and the spawn is almost never taken.. you just need to explore ;)