Eternal Lands Official Forums
Llywar

Dream Quest Bug

I managed to find the flower in the dream quest on the lsland (I won't post any spoiling details), but when I tried to "use" it nothing happened, despite many attempts to do so. I tried clicking on the other flowers in the cluster to no avail, and harvesting the flower didn't help. Not sure if this is a bug, but it happened on both a linux and windows client.

Can somebody confirm the quest is working correctly? I got frustrated and resorted to a spoiler, and it seems like I have the right flower, unless something has been changed.

As far as I know the quest is working properly. I've heard no substantiated and confirmed reports of the quest not working. If I'm correct, the quest itself has not been changed for quite some time (over 6 months.)

Be sure that you're using the 'pointy finger icon' and that you really do have the right flower.

I managed to find the flower in the dream quest on the lsland (I won't post any spoiling details), but when I tried to "use" it nothing happened, despite many attempts to do so. I tried clicking on the other flowers in the cluster to no avail, and harvesting the flower didn't help. Not sure if this is a bug, but it happened on both a linux and windows client.

Can somebody confirm the quest is working correctly? I got frustrated and resorted to a spoiler, and it seems like I have the right flower, unless something has been changed.

Hi there,

I can confirm that I run a Linux machine, and the quest worked fine for me. I also found it without having to resort to a spoiler.

I am a bit curious as to how you knew you 'found' it, if nothing happened? You realise, of course, that you need to use the pointing finger, and not the clenched hand as is used for making fires and cooking meat.

I am a bit curious as to how you knew you 'found' it, if nothing happened? You realise, of course, that you need to use the pointing finger, and not the clenched hand as is used for making fires and cooking meat.

Well, that would be the reason I resorted to a spoiler - how else would I know if I had found it.

If you want I can post the coords of the flower I've been madly clicking on with the pointing finger cursor - just in case it is in fact the wrong one.

I figured that perhaps the quest got broken in an upgrade and all the regulars haven't run through it in a while.

If you want I can post the coords of the flower I've been madly clicking on with the pointing finger cursor - just in case it is in fact the wrong one.

Please don't :omg:

If you would like to pm me and tell me where you are, and what exactly you are trying to click on, I'll try to point you in the right direction.

The quest works fine, so it's user error or faulty files possibly, depending on what you see when you are in the spot you think is correct.

note: it's also possible you already completed this step. If so, you won't get further responses by trying to do this step again.

try the next step, to see if this is the case

note: it's also possible you already completed this step. If so, you won't get further responses by trying to do this step again.

try the next step, to see if this is the case

Actually, if, having completed the quest, you return to the flower, you will receive a 'You already have it!' message. :omg:

Actually, if, having completed the quest, you return to the flower, you will receive a 'You already have it!' message. :omg:
hmm... I thought there was a stage where you didn't get the message... actually, the one before probably counts too (so make sure you didn't miss a conversation choice somewhere)

Well, it turns out the trick is to post a bug report. After numerous attempts it is working just fine now...

Are we sure nobody touched anything on the server in the last day or two? :bow_arrow: