Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robotbob

Huh ?

I logged in to talk to markusweck and logged back out and then could never log in again.

I have been working on a bot for doa and have been a helpful and kind player, but then i read

and read and found that my info reports this:

robotbob

This player did nasty things and is locked

I am really confused?

I try to help out new players by giving them things.

I am polite to all I talk to.

I was trying to log on to give a player name shrinkz a couple of free helms and

have been able to do so. I feel bad because I try to keep my word.

I think my password is lonng enough to prevent me from account from being attacked.

I am basically blown away about this.

:P

Robotbob

Acting only on what I read.

Were the admins aware of this bot?

the bot is another thing.

robotbob is my regular and only player char.

the bot i am developing is only on the testserver called robotbobs_bot and one the

test server I use an account: dev_bobsbot to talk to him.

robotbob, despite the name, is entirely human. It is name I have used for years.

I made an autonmous robot (with microcontrollers) and named it that. Then i started using it as

an online name.

i still get one "inv" pm and hour, despite being quite human.

Do you think this is the source of the confusion ?

I know you're not a bot.(I've seen you around) I was assuming you were using your character testing the bot.

But I believe testing a bot on the test server is completely legit

/shrug

I know you're not a bot.(I've seen you around) I was assuming you were using your character testing the bot.

But I believe testing a bot on the test server is completely legit

/shrug

perhaps this is it. I looked through my logs for the last 24hrs and they are rather boring.

• mined 11k coal for marcusweck, did several bags into hyper. pm'd him and he paid me in the bag.
    stay around so he could close the iron bag. added 536 iron to it. i ended up forgetting and left with a
    pickaxe. pm'd to confirm he new the bags position. and thanked him. try a little german with him
    but it was probably terrible and with poor grammar. I know I messed up a few wordd orders.
  • Helped a new player named aylis, sold s\he fur cheap and taught s\he how to make thread.
  • pm'd a guy shrinkz to sell him leather helms, but I was taking too long at the coal so I offered them for
    free since this is the first time he bought from me.
  • sold iron swords to a guy in IP named Gensisx for 120gc each.
  • sold a player name Ctrain leather pants for 70gc, he asked about a fur cloak, i have several so I gave
    him one on the *new buyer* gift notion.
  • said hi to morabelon a good friend and offer to buy some silver.
  • hung around eternalylost in votd, like i have done for several days and colllect his leftovers with his
    permission.
  • sold puma to shadowwalker, he accidently overpaid by 3300 gc, I told him and gave him his money.
  • sold 800 wolf furs to celticlady
  • the last pm from ermingator, saying hi, i accidently replied in german, but apologized and said hi, the phone rang and I had to disconnect...
  • talked with BarronNeverMore
  • sold to darkenedauras, gave her 500 bone because of the coal delay, sold her 100 rbt and 150 hes.
  • did a book run for liddda into naralik.

I may have missed somethings. i can go back over. alot of this is from memory. I have a really strong one.

I don't think any of these people think I am a bot or something. I love this game :blink:

Edited by robotbob

Ok, I unlocked you now.

There was a confusion over the fact that you had that bot on the test server and we weren't sure if you were running an unapproved bot on the main server.

Ok, I unlocked you now.

There was a confusion over the fact that you had that bot on the test server and we weren't sure if you were running an unapproved bot on the main server.

Thank you sir. :blink:

I am an older player who remembers the quake aim bot days and totally deplores the

use of a game client for lazy purposes. Thanks again for a great game.

robotbob