Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
firmin-holy

Resync with the server all time since the update

Since the update, the game is just unplayable for me, got resync with the server all the time.

resyncrv3.jpg

And my internet is fine, it come from the game.

EDIT : i've explored the new cave for almost an hour with no lag and everything fine. I've return to civilisation in VOTD and have resync and lag like hell again...

Edited by firmin-holy

Guest tabbypuss

having the same problem. also game laggs for 20-30 seconds at a time . making it impossible to fight.

After many traceroute, it seem the lag come from level3.net

It ALWAYS happen when i'm near from a NPC or where many player are. I have to stay in cold country for training or mixing...i have no choice, the game is unplayable for me in C1...and crowded C2 place. I cannot train at Trik my man skill. I hope it will not stay like that... ;)

Edited by firmin-holy

There probably hasn't been a response becuase this has nothing to do with EL. It's is just someone between you and the EL server that is having problems, many other players are not having problems.

Thank you for answering. But my lag came right after the update. And it ALWAYS happen when i'm near from NPC. My problem come from EL. And i'm not alone in that situation (but i dont understand why ppl who have this problem doesnt post here)

Btw, i left EL and i wont come back until the problem is solved. I dont want to do that because i like this game but i have no choice. I pay for the game this summer, an update came and now, i cant play anymore. ;)

Let me know if the problem is solved, maybe i will come back

Nothing has changed in EL or the EL server that is causing this. The reason others are having problems would be their route to the server is going thru the same problem point. Don't blame EL for things that are beyond our control.

If you are lagging, a resync will always be more likely to happen when your near crowded areas, because a resync is caused by too many movement commands waiting to be displayed for one actor.

No Learner, my problem dont come from crowded place, my lag come from NPC. Kelcha house is not a crowded place, General store in dp is not a crowded place. I got lag with NPC. And i never got this lag before 1.3.2 update. it came RIGHT after the update...the first minute after the update i got this lag and it never stop from that moment.

And I'm telling you nothing has changed there and NPC's dont have any special processing either, they are just another player except you can get their conversation window. Being near an NPC can't cause extra resyncs, so you are blaming the wrong thing. You posted that level3.net is where you are having problems with traceroute, that would say that one ore more specific nodes near there on the internet is at fault.

Just like Learn said, there has been absolutely no change in the last update that could affect the NPCs. The client changes were also minor, mostly bug fixes, and AFAIK, no rendering or network code has changed.

If it were so, everyone would have problems, no?

Yes

But why i got this lag IN THE FIRST MINUTE after the update and never stop? It's not a random lag like we can see from time to time from the internet, it ALWAYS happen when i'm near from NPC. Always.

I will try EL with another provider if i can find one to see if it come from my provider but it will difficult because the major provider in Québec is totally banned from EL. I have played Landes-Eternelles all day yesterday and never got lag.

Edited by firmin-holy