Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
asmodean

el keeps crashing

my el keeps crashing every 10 minutes or something

the screen freezes and the colors just slide to one side after that, after that i can do nothing exept reset my pc

i allready ran the latest update again, installed the whole game again ... nothing helps

any sugestions? thx in advance

EDIT : sorry, posted it in the wrong forum, but i didn't found the 'help me' forum when posting this

Edited by asmodean

At a guess, from your post I would say there is a problem with your graphics card.. does it have a fan on it? if so check the fan is operational it sounds like a classic overheating problem.

Are you sure you have the right graphics driver for your card installed?

yep, i'm sure, i haven't tried any new drivers lately, the problem just suddenly started, and as i said before, the problems occurs only when i'm playing EL, i allready tried setting the settings lower on EL and i'm playing half an hour now without crashing, maybe this will help. if my problem is solved i will let ya know.

thx for the help allready

yep, i'm sure, i haven't tried any new drivers lately, the problem just suddenly started, and as i said before, the problems occurs only when i'm playing EL, i allready tried setting the settings lower on EL and i'm playing half an hour now without crashing, maybe this will help. if my problem is solved i will let ya know.

thx for the help allready

If EL is overheating things, another option is to use the FPS limiting. EL tries to run as fast as possible by default and has been known to crash systems by overheating or drawing too much power if you P/S is too weak. Someone a while back was getting 200+ FPS all the time but kept crashing until he used FPS limiting (he also knew he had a weak P/S).