Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roos

Deathbag tags, alarms, and traps

Not sure if this has been suggested before but I couldn't find any post about it, so here are 3 silly ideas I am just throwing out... Tags, alarms, and traps are all basically items that you buy and carry around with you in your inv. When you die, they disappear from your inv, just like rostos. They each cause something to happen the 1st time anyone steps on your deathbag.

Tags: basically a name tag. When someone steps on your bag, they get a message "You found roos's deathbag". (Suggested price: 500gc)

Alarms: When someone steps on your bag, YOU get a message saying "bob2000 found your deathbag!" (Suggested price: 2000gc)

Traps: When someone tries to take something that's not theirs from your bag, they get hit for some amount of damage. (Suggested price: dunno, depends on the damage the trap does).

stuff similare to this has been suggested i think its like a pain for the server to know whos bags do what and what bags are whos

*cough* Wish we were able to self-administer a time bomb type item and go into a PK area to get killed *cough*

... and when the player was killed off the pk'er would grab the bag and aquire permanently the bomb/curse/spell/leach ... or best of all get 'redesigned' <<if you remember Ice Pirates>>. :)

The server already has code in to determine bag owners - remember all the people red-tagged for bagspamming?

I doubt we will benefit from ideas like those, they have been suggested before and nothing came of it.

Deathbag identity will not be available to the players. The reasoning is this: Once a bag is on the ground, you lose ownership rights. The deathbag is not yours once you die and lose it, it is fair game for all. Same for people who take the risk of doing manu or alch or whatever with a bag. And that is intentional.