Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Today's "Little" Invasion

I didn't like it very much, all i could find were weak things or yetis ... the start was promising with some FCs and fluffies but those were quickly followed by yetis in single combat.

From the comments above it looks like the monsters were there i was just looking in the wrong places (didn't think to check in the caves when NC got invaded.)

In this last little invasion behind EVERY door was something to fight. The Yeti and arctic chims where placed there to deter anyone trying to evade the fluffy/white rabbit tango above it. There were lesser animals/monsters in the hall ways and tougher creatures in most rooms. The trick to finding these tougher monsters is to get into my head :P and to explore. One thing typicial in all upcoming invasions is that nothing is typical of invasions of the past. Many hours goes into the invasion placement, so all--both high level fighters and lower level fighters can have a chance to play. If invasions include only one map area, there is high lag. We are trying new things to minimize lag while maximizing fun. If you are too high for a creature, I suggest you move on, and let some of the lower level players try. As there will be a bigger surprise for you around the corner ;)

Just lil' hint:

Do not follow gods during invasions, they tend to have weird... ummm.... impossible to understand for mortals (:brownnose:) sense of humour and you may finish surrounded by giants and other nice fellows.

Just lil' hint:

Do not follow gods during invasions, they tend to have weird... ummm.... impossible to understand for mortals (:brownnose:) sense of humour and you may finish surrounded by giants and other nice fellows.

Or have a single armed orc spawned next to you as you sit down to watch the tough guys take on chims? Me? Paranoid? Never! :hehe:

But I loved this invasion. I really enjoyed the close quarters fighting in the schools, and I got a real kick out of trying doors, and not knowing what would be waiting on the other side. And I got a good laugh at the white rabbits mixed with fluffies - didn't catch me out with that one! :P All in all, jolly good fun, but you aren't trying hard enough to kill me, because I survived this one too (though I used a lot of dis rings to do so). :P

A few comments from me - I'm color-coding my points as green for good, red for bad. :P

There was an invasion.These are seeming to be VERY seldom, and as few as there are, it's good to get one now and then. These really give players a chance to break out of the typical gameplay, and do something different for a change... too many of these could provide problems, but not enough just gets really boring - I know you have to go through a bit of planning to do these...

Several different types in different areas. Seemed to have more a spread, of areas, instead of like where mods would bring something like boars and chimmies in the same spots...

Not enough invasion creatures at certain levels/spots.I heard there was an invasion part in Nordcarn - there was nothing there by the time I could get there - wandering for several minutes, I finally found a black bear that had somehow been overlooked. Same thing when I got to GV - I found one ogre, and watched an unarmed male orc getting taken out by someone else. I think I may have killed only about 10 creatures - for sure it wasn't too many kills. There needs to be more for people to take, at the levels people are at.

Near impossible monsters on Non-multicombat mapsGiants/Yetis on Whitestone - there are how many people in game able to take one out 1on1? I'd say for these and chimmies, maybe allowing people to have these on multi-combat maps would give more tactical fighting possibilities?

Including NPCs in the invasion. I liked that it was done near Lord Luxin - gives more cause to concern, for an RPer's viewpoint.

Invasions hve to be seldom, fom an RP's viewpoint. Mortos has to get an army assembled and raised, and get them weapons and do this, and do that, and so on and so forth