Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thornguard

Developers please read =P

Greetings. I would like to give my 2 gp worth about some of the recent changes in EL. First, I think making leather pants and boots craftable is a good idea. However, up until last patch they were only obtainable from monsters <which was cool because it allowed us warriors only classes to make decent gold> Now that they are craftable boots dropped from 8k each to 4k each and pants from 20k each to 5k each. This has cut my rare drop profits considerably, which makes hunting for these items hardly worth the effort. One of the reasons I love EL is because everything is balanced out so well, compared to other games i have played and left. <SWG Diablo II Tibia Ultima Online Everquest Asherons Call to name but a few> I play here 100% now and I just hope this trend doesnt continue. I also like the fact that when you bust butt to earn a skill that you dont have to drop it to gain another skill. A suggestion I would like to make is perhaps adding more monster droped only items to help out us who dont harvest or craft. That way we can make money as well =P Thank you for reading my post

Thornguard

I agree, it seems like manufacturing is becoming the way to go. It would be cool if they ever implemented the rare item idea and made those for monster drops. Magic also needs some sort of incentive, right now it is too weak: it is virtually impossible for a magician type player to be only that>they are forced to do another skill too/instead.

Yes, there will be some other unique items that will be available only as drops. Just give us some time :P

oh, and the iron helm is only a drop.

Monster drops were the best way until Ent finally decided to throw the manu people a bone. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out as well as I had hoped.

Yes if its one thing ive learned, its that you can NEVER please everyone at the same time. This goes for all issues big or small. Yes i do think that a rare item system should be implemented, it worked very well in diablo(not comparing just giving an example) until item dup. was found lol.

item duplication cant happen hare as everything is on the server. if you want a unique item, attach a id to it that is traced by the server so that it allways knows who is in posession of that item.

only time item dups work are when you have player side char files as then you can set the file as read only and basicly drop item and come back in with the same file (the dropped status was not saved. therefor you now have 2 items).

it would be interesting to see rare or unique items but they have to be balanced carefully...

The leather pants and leathe boots were needed. I bought leather pants for 20k once and I sold them for 20k. I felt it was stupid to own them really not much point. Condsidering everyone says fihting nekkid is best, or if your losing hp nekkid put on armor and use no weapon.

I mean for 20k they are not very good drops....I can make 20 in like 10 minutes prolly even less. So the saying it cut back on you money making....if you got 100 of those a day thats still not much at all. I mean if you got 100 leather pants in one day how could you consider that a rare drop?

Rat tails could be considered rare at that rate. I hea people buying 1000 rat tails for 2k each. I would never even fight a rat let alone buy 1k rat tails lol.

And also I would consider a tit long a rare drop, get bigger and go fight those monsters.