Eternal Lands Official Forums
Orick

Loading prob with eternal lands

ok.......

first the game is on the comp. but it wont let me exit out of the game, when i try it just re-loads it.

it changes the screen size makeing my toolbar 4 times its norm size, along with everything elts. but when i 'alt'+'tab' out the screen goes back to norm.

and last but not least, when the game comes up it loads the login screen and allows me to tyle in my name and pass but after i hit 'enter' or click 'login' it freezes for about 20 sec and reloads the game

what is wrong with this windos nonsence

first the game is on the comp. but it wont let me exit out of the game, when i try it just re-loads it.
this usually means there was something auto-updated. try alt+x instead of clicking the 'X', that's worked for me before
it changes the screen size makeing my toolbar 4 times its norm size, along with everything elts. but when i 'alt'+'tab' out the screen goes back to norm.
go into options window and change the resolution to whatever the monitor is normally at (or just use windowed mode) Edited by ttlanhil

I would love to take that advice but 'alt+X' is what i was doing. the X in the top does not appear. and i cant get to the options windo the game restarts befor i can get that far.

Orick, I recently had a similar video problem when forced to use an old outdated monitor, in the EL folder there is a configuration proggie, set it to its lowest resolution. You may be able to use higher resolution later but don't bet on it. when I would get on my screen would be messed up a bit, like yours, minimize the proggie and then bring it back up, that was all I had to do to get it to work, even with a monitor that was over a decade old. Hope this helps some, C2 ain't the same without ya

There is a file in the directory you installed Eternal Lands called "el.ini". Inside that file, look for the line

#video_mode = 

and change the line to

#video_mode = 4

next look for the line

#full_screen = 

and change the line to

#full_screen = 0

The above changes tell the game to run in 800x600 resolution, windowed mode, and should allow you to change the options. If the game continues to restart, let it, it may just be updating game files. It's a pain I know, but having the latest version of maps, textures etc is a good thing.

I am glad to here that C2 is not the same without me.

the vido and full screen were both at the #s needed.and it still happend. is there a way i could check what type of vido card this comp has and where to update the drivers for it, the owner does not know what type it is.

And how do i change the bpp on the desktop to c if it helps?

when i log onto the game it everything before exept restarting itself. and when i look at who is online on the website it says that i am on, but all i c now is black. the mouse does move but all i c is a black screen.

when i log onto the game it everything before exept restarting itself. and when i look at who is online on the website it says that i am on, but all i c now is black. the mouse does move but all i c is a black screen.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.