Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zelse

Life in Palon Vertas, RP as we know it?

"Did you hear something elf?" asked Zelse "By the way my name is Zelse." Zelse had felt a magical *poof* nearby, he thought either the summoner had summoned once again or one of his summons ceased to be. Whatever it was, he hoped to get to the bottom of it.

"Yes, a slight stirring of the air, or so it seemed. But it is a breaseless day, so it is either a summon or my imagination. Oh Zelse," He rolled the name around in his mouth. Not excactly a normal name, but how many white mages do you find seeking adventure in some woods, let alone in Palon Vertas. "you may call me Flea."

The Chronicler stood still. His breathing was hardly noticeable. From afar he saw two men talking and somehow he felt a presence of something.... something familiar.

He didn't know what beckoned him but he flet the need to approach these men to enquire of their whereabouts.

"I will need help to find the site" he whispered to himself. Treading softly he approached the men talking in the forest.

As he came closer he thought he noticed something else, or perhaps someone else, of this he couldn't be sure, but the forest seemed to hold a few surprises still. "Now where is your bodyguard when you need them" he thought to himself. Of course he knew perfectly well why the bodyguard wasn't there, they were scouting Salingen after being told to do so by no less than the Chronicler himself. "Asking myself rethorical questions must be a sign that I spend far too much time without company, am I right?" he whispered to himself, then he shrugged off the thoughts. He didn't want to get caught unaware, unprepared and absolutley not rambling to himself he thought with a smile.

He took a few steps forward and a thought eluded his mind "Lets meet these travellers".

In that time of unholy fire, Peace and tranquilty were lost in the pyre

The Book of Bane, Chapter 3, the Anceint verse of darkness.

maniacle laughing and screams come from Palon Vertas city, along with the sounds of a few ferans and some tigers.

Edited by Happy_G

The Chronicler caught the sound of manical laughter and something else coming from Salingen. "Could it be...tigers?" he thought to himself.

A second later he shrugged it off, knowing that any threats would be easily handled by Lan and the rest of the bodyguard. The Chronicler, yet again, turned his attention to the men talking. Did he hear the name Zelse? And why would that sound remotely familiar? and the other one, was he an elf like the one the courier had spoken of? Questions, questions. Now it was time for answers.

The Chronicler stepped forward and said: "Greetings fellow citizens of Palon Vertas. I hope I did not startle you."

Edited by Derin

Hearing the man talk behind him, Flea whipped around and drew his bow, an arrow instintly notched at the string, and pointing it at the mans nose. How could I be so unaware of someone so close to me? he thought. "Wehandra lomanfara hou yim fojihguy?"(What side are you on in the great secret war?)he asked. The man wore the robes of a Chronicler, possibly one of the great ones, so he knew that he would understand the laguage of the Elvish clan of Torungara, who had been killed long ago. Very few people knew that toung, even among the elfs. The man standing before him likely would though, and if not, no matter. The white mage named Zelse certintly wouldnt, though, so if he didnt know about the war, he wouldnt need to know.

Zelse had heard an odd laughter from the direction of Salingen. "What is going on there?" He said aloud. Zelse didn't notice the person behind Flea until Flea whipped out his bow and arrow on the man and began speaking in a tongue he didn't know, which was odd because he knew many tongues, but the man seemed to understand. Zelse was more concerned with the city because almost all of Palon Vertas was there preparing for the Fall Festival. His attention then turned to the man, "You did not startle me sir," said Zelse giving Flea an odd look, "but that laugh sure did, I must investigate it, so meet me at the Adventurer's Post if you can." Zelse said in a quick-witted urgent voice and *poof* he began teleporting his way to Salingen. How easily Zelse gets distracted in his quick-witted and determined attitude.

Flea gave the chronicler another quick look, and hoping he wasnt an enemy sprinted down onthe path toward the city.

He arrived at the adventurers' post and stoped in horrer at the sight of tigers and ferans running rampant, with people running in the streets with a maniacle laghter. the air was thick with the force known only as magic, and he felt his coincess fighting for controll of his body. He lifted up a quick prayer to allwen, grabbed his bow, and started attacking the beasts.

ferans and white tigers are fighting in the streets

people are being chased by the ferans and white tigers are tackling the ferans to save the townsfolk.

unfortunately the ferans out number the white tigers.

around the adventurer's post there are 5 ferans and 2 white tigers, and some people

another 15 ferans are spread through the city along with another 8 white tigers

Edited by Happy_G

Never! Why must summoning problems happen...Selain should control them, but he doesn't!

"Zelse! It is me, Sedos. Dearest White Mage you should not be here fighting. Flee near the behind of our pack...I will try to solve these problems!" Sedos said.

Sedos used his somewhat known summoning powers to summon five pumas to attempt to fight off the enemy ferans, help the town, as well as save the white tigers.

Flea watched the man who was summoning, using Selains well-known art.It was obvious that this man summoned as a way of life. He kills innocent animals as a way of life! How can you trust someone who so opposes Alwens creations? The pumas were grappling with the Fearens, and Flea shot one through were a heart would be on a normal animal. The summon poofed in a flash of sparks, and the pumas charged down the narrow streets. Flea ran down a side street and slipped through a building and was able to observe Sedos and Zelse. Zelse is a faithful follower of Alwen, he should know to be careful of followers of Selain!

((OK I'm confused, flea you just leave chronicler there? lol poor him. Also, your suppose to NOT use typos on roleplaying threads Happy G, I know you were probly in a hurry or something but its just so ya know, ya know :P ))

Zelse was confused at what was happening as he teleported his was to Salingen. White Tigers and Ferans were fighting each other and he ironicaly teleported near Sedos who offered his protection with the summon of his Pumas. Zelse knew that outnumbered Pumas were not defense at all and began casting protection spells and Remote Heals on them when they were weakend. He also did this to nearby White Tigers, and he a nose away from the deadly jaws of a Feran a few close times but the Pumas took care of that. Zelse also healed his fellow citizens of Palon Vertas when he got close enough to them, but Zelse was running out of essences and needed to go to his house to get some more before his healing skills became useless.

Happy_G is standing on top of the nearby church watching his ferans being killed off. "dang that group of travelers, if only i had sent more than one feran to take care of him this morning, he wouldnt be messing up my plans like this" he said to himself.

He throws a few rocks from the top of the church the first one lands with a thud and rolls infront of Sedos. the other 4 hit the ground with a thud and out pops 4 large spiders. they quickly spin some webs to slow down the fleeing townsfolk and the advancing pumas and white tigers.

Happy_G, realizing his summons wont win this one, speaks out from the church roof. "My Fellow summoner, why must you fight me, are we not after the same goal? to please selain? and as for the rest of you...i will get you back for spoiling my plans. i WILL ACOMPLISH MY GOALS. you have not seen the last of me." on that not he throws down 3 more stones right in from of him and out pop 3 more large spiders up on the top of the church, but in that same poof....he vanished......

Edited by Happy_G

Flea glanced at Sedos from under knitted brows. I knew Sedos was one of Selains servents! he thought. This man was very suspicious;he would need to keed an eye on him. Zelse seemed to have only a few essences left, so he decided to go with him to his home. "Zelse, I can see you have almost run out of essesnces and assume you live nearby, seeing as I meet you near hear. I was wondering if I could go with you to your home, ther ewas something I wanted to talk to you about anyways." he took anothe rgalnce at Sedos "A private matter which I believe you might know about, but I just must clarify." He then turned to Sedos. "Thank you for your summoning, I am sure that the citizans of Palon Vertas are very grateful." He then gave a questioning nod to Zelse. "Shall we go, or is it invading on your privacy?"

Edited by flea

"Men please wait!" Sedos said.

"I understand that I may not be trusted my you two since our arts are two different ones. Please listen to me. My heart was hardened by Selain and I have to trust in his power to live my life through; it is my only hope," Sedos explained, "no one likes that I serve evil. Just forget that. The rooftop summoner wants to possess me once again like Selain did. Now I am proving myself by protecting the people and hopefully, for once, gaining friendships. Please accept my apology for our differences. I just want to be trusted by someone besides Selain, please forget our differences."

"It is my only hope...to live in peace. After my Selain act I believe I should live somewhat normal now...since no one trusts me that's probably not going to happen. My only hope is for a somewhat normal life, elven warrior." Sedos said in grief, turning the other direction, and walking away.

Edited by FireEmblem8

a booming voice comes from the sky "muahahahahaha, he thinks there is hope for him."

ringing inside his head so only he can hear it "come back to Selain. these people will never welcome you in, only selain can save you now.."

"The fool...I have never met him, but he thinks he is some great summoner when only Selain is that! I'm not...I just learned from Selain. There is hope for all as long as you realize the existence of hope! I have learned that when I was free from Selain's evil trap, but I realize I still serve him somewhat," Sedos told Flea, "the summoner thinks he can make me "come back" to Selain and he thinks he has great powers. Don't worry he will learn from his problems...eventually." Sedos told Flea.

Edited by FireEmblem8

"Well then, you could actualy get purified from this evil that has plagued you. With the autumn festival, the archbishop of Alwen will be here to preside over the ceremonies. If you can stay long enough, Alwen could heal you.But you may be forced to repent the arts of Selain, though I highly doubt it."

Edited by flea

"I am not positive;Selain is in the art of summoning itself, but if so, and if you accept becoming a follower of Alwen, it might be possible. But we must wait untill he comes, which gives us about a week to kill this summoner and prove your change of heart to the arcbiship. He will not trust you eisily, but I think killing this summoner might do it."

Edited by flea