Eternal Lands Official Forums
AmberGal

Cheaters

was this even worth putting in the outlaws section? no {actual} rules were broken and it was apparently settled in game and just b/c someone says "here" doesnt mean Cleo was cheating anyone could have been near you when he said it i think you just should have given her a prize that wasnt as good as the one you were going to give ..... im not praising TheLethALMoo b/c it WAS a newbie contest and he shouldnt have joined in but i think if you wouldve asked nicely he would have left and {git} really isnt a good way to have someone leave you alone you should know that by now if youre not a noob yourself Amber...........and TheLeTHaLMOo dont go ruining Amber's contest she's got friends in PK places that would own you like you were a rabbit

Ladywolf herself could own him like a rabbit, theres no need for friends. :(

:( mis-read the post.I dunno know what ambers stats are so she may need friends. if ya see him in pk, gimme a pm.

Edited by fyrrflyy

Still on the dialect thing... I love hearing things in other dialects, without hearing them (or reading I suppose) I wouldn't learn anything new about the language. Possibly a little selfish for native speaker? Maybe, but misunderstandings can be funny after the confusion is over.

There's a local saying here, "Well blow me down with a feather" which is always shortened down to "Well ... blow ... me".

Speaking as a player, not a moderator, "git" is a really common term here for idiot and is not noteworthy as a harsh term (indeed I usually use it as a tung'n'cheek response)

Where not used in this context, even if it was, I would class it as desperatly fishing to deal with this under the "Respect others" rule.

Its at best a tame term for idiot, and really dosnt warrent taking offence at.

<sarcasem>

I suppose contest runners could keep in their clipbard..

"Get the hence you cad who would attempt to hoodwink me into presenting undeserved prizes and thus depriving other contestants of their just rewards"

</sarcasem>

The-antiroot : im southern as well, what does the word "cad" mean. and btw sarcasm has no e.

cad Audio pronunciation of "cad" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kaad)

n.

A man whose behavior is unprincipled or dishonorable.

In modern use cad is usually used in "mock shock" ie "Sir, you are a bounder and a cad!"

Erm ,and my spelling is infamous. If you correct every spelling mistake in all my posts, you wont have any time to play EL :P

Well as arnieman said, we are all from different corners of the world, and I have friends in EL from many countries, and really try to adapt to their way of talking. Antiroot had a habit of telling me "don't be daft", and I still don't really know what he meant by that.

Yes in england "git" means idiot, but I mean to call someone an idiot I say idiot.

We all need to be tolerant of everyone's usage of slang in game or adapt a strict proper english and make everyone follow it.

Back to the real topic, it was amber's contest, her rules, if she felt they cheated, so be it.

Ya'll come back now ya hear

Wow, this post really took an interesting turn...

I'm nothing but a nice girl from Indiana :D. I certainly wouldn't have called even the lowest of cheaters an idiot (to his face). :)

I can honestly say I have never heard the term used in that context. I used it in its verb/command form, and now look at the backlash I've received! :omg:

Let's just say I've had a little lesson in world vocabulary... I have now become more open-minded. I'd like to thank the Academy..

I think that was very rude of Lethamoo for what he did, eh? I side with Ambergal here, the better choice eh?

You have my full support. She has always been a good person in the EL comminity, eh?

I think that we should go with her dialect and what it means to her, eh? Because if we should always keep in mind that different words mean different things all across the world. She should not be allowed to be bullyed by Lethamoo, eh?

Also, all the ehs were kinda of a Canadian joke on our speech. (Most of us don't say eh, but I actually do sometimes). Eh? Eh?Eh?Eh?Eh? Why won't anyone listen to me, eh?

Btw, this post was meant to be serious. Thanks for teaching me a lot about dialects.

The-antiroot : im southern as well, what does the word "cad" mean. and btw sarcasm has no e.

cad Audio pronunciation of "cad" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kaad)

n.

A man whose behavior is unprincipled or dishonorable.

In modern use cad is usually used in "mock shock" ie "Sir, you are a bounder and a cad!"

Erm ,and my spelling is infamous. If you correct every spelling mistake in all my posts, you wont have any time to play EL :omg:

Well ill try to refrain from correcting your spelling, its just that i noticed you had spelled in wrong multiple times so it couldnt have been a typo. And,uh, in your example, you showed me what cad means, but know i dont know what bounder means lol. Let me go find a dictionary... :)

Yes in england "git" means idiot, but I mean to call someone an idiot I say idiot.

Nothing as harsh as idiot:

git

n : a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'" [syn: rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so]

which i think fits quite nicely too :)

For instance you might call your mean old neighbour who won't return your miskicked football a "miserable git". Same for the person at your office who didn't wear a silly hat on silly hat day because he/she thinks it's stupid :omg:

Edited by Bharain

Alex, ill take "spelling correctly" for 500

Theyed allredy seen u when i siad "here" and i didnt lead any 1 anywere

Nothing as harsh as idiot:

git

n : a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'" [syn: rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so]

which i think fits quite nicely too :D

For instance you might call your mean old neighbour who won't return your miskicked football a "miserable git". Same for the person at your office who didn't wear a silly hat on silly hat day because he/she thinks it's stupid :P

Spot on!!! its never just used Git!!!

it is not English slang ...it originates from eastern europe

and was common in Londons east end....

It actually is a form of Yiddish meaning born out of

wedlock.

It is correctly used as such" He/She is a No Good Git"

or...."that slag is a right old Git"

it is now used as an endearment for men of my generation

we are known as "Old Gits".